We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking baby food into the country..help / advice please

up north
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
Taking baby food into the country..help / advice please

Hi everyone just been sitting looking through the back of the WDW Brochure ( don't know why just did but so glad I have now ) it has a section saying customs will confiscate all baby food ...the prob I have is I will have a 10 month old with me who has a very bad milk dairy allergy :-( I make all his food at home but was hoping to take jars/ pouches of baby food with me suitable to his diet so I don't have to find a supermarket and spend time checking all labels etc when I'm there .. we are staying onside in Disney without a car .. :-/

Any help /advice anyone ?

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
brighton, england
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking baby food into the country..help / advice please

I think they mean they will confiscate all home made stuff.

However, you will have the problem this end of any puree over 100ml in your hand luggage will need to be chucked or you must be willing to taste it to prove its not ....uh.....whatever liquid they think is going to blow up a plane ;-)

If you dont want to do this, you can preorder baby food from boots and pick it up after security, so that you can take it on the plane. Same with formula.

You can put stuff in your hold suitcases and you will probably get it through customs in the US but they still have a right to confiscate it. I think they like it to be in the original, prepackaged, sealed packaging, so those baby food sachets are good. Customs have let us through in the past with Tea, squash, and baby food.

If you are left with no food, disney has a range of baby food and you can check allergen advice at your hotel. Disney is very used to dealing with people with allergies and will often bend over backwards to help you avoid what you need to.

Worst comes to the worst, Wallmart is about a $25 dollar taxi ride (or $2 bus ride) and has a huge selection of baby food. Lots of which we have in the UK (Hipp, etc)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking baby food into the country..help / advice please

Your WDW brochure is wrong. The Official info. is at

www.cbp.gov

Customs and boarder protection website.

Click on questions.

Many foods are allowed, some are banned. Generally fresh fruits and meat are the banned items.

up north
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking baby food into the country..help / advice please

Thankyou so much for you help :-)

I was going to preorder and collect from boots Sophe .. Greetnthum thanks for the link :-)

Cake x

UK
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking baby food into the country..help / advice please

Don't take any pouches containing meat as these will be confiscated. The Ellas Kitchen veggie/fruit pouches are all fine and we packed lots in our checked luggage and declared them on custom form. For info there's a Babies R Us at Mall of Millenia & Florida Mall which have a great selection of baby food in pouches which are really convenient for taking to the parks (better selection than Walmarts). You could call in on way to your hotel (unless your taking the Magical Express). Whole Foods on Turkey Lake & Winn Dixie on Apoka Vineland (a short can ride from Downtown Disney) has a decent choice too. You'll have a fab time.

Gx

5. Re: Taking baby food into the country..help / advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:16