We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cornwall
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
cost of

Hi, will it be easier to buy sandwiches/ rolls already made up each morning or make a pack up each morning? I guess you can get a good sarnie for about $3 . Saying that im a real early bird so it wont be a problem making lunch at about 6am each morning. We are a family of 5 so we have to budget the nosh bill . Our plan is to have either breakfast or dinner out each day [probably dinner].

Chesterfield, UK
Level Contributor
423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of

I understand the need to budget but wouldnt bother with pack up. Most of the counter service meals are big enough to share and some snacks offer really good value - check out Disney food blog on the net for ideas and tips.

Jo.

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of

Thanks, our lads with us having lunch and drinks will probably cost me about 50 buck. Cant remember exactly how much since it was 2009 last time we were at disney.

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of

Over the 2 weeks thats a lot just on lunch. Am i right in thinking a piece of fruit is a couple of bucks in the parks. Will be getting the fruit from the supermaket as well. Dont get me wrong we will be having Disney and Uni treats throughot the day . Where is the nearest big food store to Cumbrian Lakes. Thanks.

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of

When ever we stay in a villa we always make up a small packed lunch for the parks and take our own water as well. We have two teenager boys who can eat for England so this work well for us and enables us to eat out at nice restaurants every night.

you will be surprised at how much you will save on water alone by taking your own into the parks.

Walmart is the nearest to Cumbrian Lakes,at the top of poinciana Blvd turn right on the 192 and it's a little further along on the right hand side.

Edited: 12 August 2012, 12:41
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of

Would be cheapest to buy the stuff to make it yourself. A sandwich from Subway for example will be $5-$7 for one of their foot longs which would be big enough for two to share.

You can get to the Walmart on Vineland/535 in about 10 minutes or so from Cumbrian Lakes. Just turn right out of the community onto Poinciana Blvd, cross 192, and you are there. You wouldn't want to turn right on 192. The one of Vine Street near Medieval Times is further away. If you do turn right on 192, there is a Publix which is a proper Super Market/Grocery Store at the junction with 535. It will be just about as easy to get to as the Walmart.

That Walmart on Vineland/535 does have a Subway inside.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of

Hiya Gunboat,

this is exactly what we did, we used the publix up on 192 jnct 535 on our way back to the villa from our day out with supplies for the day after. we used here as it wasnt too big and had everything we wanted.

we bought 24 bottles of water at about $3.00 ish and froze them (dont forget to take a bit out of the bottle before freezing, they will split or the lid will pop off).

we made the sarnies up in the morning, as you i got up early and did them, and placed them all in a small freezer bag which nicely fitted in my back pack...easy peasy...

Have a top time..

Trill

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
634 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of

Bringing lunch/snacks also gives you something to do while on lines. Makes it feel like you are wasting less valuable time. Aside from being a huge time and $ saver, what you pack will generally have less sodium than any counter meal so you will avoid the "crash", which always feels worse in the sun.

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of

My brother, sister-in-law, and their three grandkids just got back from Orlando.

They said that they were refused entry into the parks when they turned up with sandwiches and rolls, I wasn't surprised really, the food concessions presumably pay a lot to set up there, and no doubt don't like the thought of seeing visitors bring their own snacks.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of

We got back a couple of weeks ago. There were ten of us with three soft side cooler bags and we all had drinks and food and none of us were turned away.The only place we did not take food into was aquatica although we did take crisps. We did not encounter any problems at any of the parks.

scotland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of

Can you buy the soft sided cooler bags in Walmart?

We spent a fortune in drinks the last time in the parks but are going to look out for the refill cups this time. Are they easy to find?

Thanks

Liz