We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WDW dining options for solo traveler (All Parks)

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seaside Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
237 reviews
Save Topic
WDW dining options for solo traveler (All Parks)

I am planning to visit WDW solo as an extension of a business trip. I have a WDW hotel and a 2 day hopper pass. I do not have a dining plan. I plan to be at the parks from early to late each of the 2 days.

What recommendations do you have for dining options for a solo diner looking for a quick, healthy meal?

I keep reading posts about needing dinner reservations. I expect to be moving around a lot in the parks and plan to pick up a sandwich or salad for dinner. What kind of dinner options for not-sit down with be good, healthy choices for a solo diner on the move?

pa
Level Contributor
53,704 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: WDW dining options for solo traveler (All Parks)

Favourite Counter Service Options for us include but of course are not limited to

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbor House

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons

Animal Kingdom - Yak &Yeti ( there is also table service Yak & Yeti )

Hollywood Studios - Backlot Express

Downtown Disney - Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck EXPRESS

We also love some of the Resort Food Courts, The Animal Kingsom Lodge, The Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside would be at the top of the list

All the menus

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WDW dining options for solo traveler (All Parks)

PartyPa is right on.

The only thing is I would not leave a theme park and head to Downtown Disney for a meal. And my fave is Wolfgang Puck Express. To do so would take time away from your touring. But if you did happen to find an extra day after eating at WPE, then save room for Ghiradelli's ice cream. It's quick and delicious and worth the extra sugar.

I have done DTD several times solo and enjoyed every minute of it. Hope you do as well.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,682 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WDW dining options for solo traveler (All Parks)

At Magic Kingdom, while Columbia Harbor House is good, they mostly have fried seafood. If you don't want fried, try Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe over in Tomorrowland for a few healthier options.

Sunshine Seasons is great at Epcot too. It's in the Land pavilion in the Future World area of the park, right next to Soarin, so you won't miss it.

Edited: 15 August 2012, 17:36
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,966 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: WDW dining options for solo traveler (All Parks)

Columbia Harbor House now has a grilled salmon dish!

I am a light eating solo traveler and like these in the parks:

Magic Kingdom

Columbia Harbor House-salmon, veggie chili and a really decent veggie sandwich. You can buy couscous and steamed broccoli if you're not hungry.

Epcot

Tangierine Cafe-love the veggie plate but it is a lot of food!

Sunshine Seasons-roasted beet and goat cheese salad

Katsura Grill-bowl of udon noodles

Animal Kingdom

Yak-n-Yeti counter service-side of fried rice, Asia also has veggie spring rolls

Flametree BBQ does a decent turkey sandwich and a nice fruit plate

Hollywood Studios

Is a problem for me. I'm afraid I usually fill up on cupcakes and cookies ;-). Fairfax Fare's salad was okay.

Bon Appetit!

5. Re: WDW dining options for solo traveler (All Parks)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 00:16