We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

titanic experience

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wiltshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Topic
titanic experience

Hi

Can anyone tell me how long this takes please?

Thanks

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,122 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: titanic experience

It's been a few years since we went, but we took about 2.5 to 3 hours because we went back through the exhibits "on our own" after the guided tour part was over. It was a rainy day at the beach, so we drove over to do this for some time killing one autumn visit.

Minimum stay is about an hour I'd say.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: titanic experience

Thanks for your reply!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: titanic experience

I did it on a rainy day too, I enjoyed it and it took about an hour.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: titanic experience

Thank you :)

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: titanic experience

The Titanic, I visited this exhibition when it was in the previous site on I Drive but I believe that it is exactly the same. Was it worth the visit ? Well if your are interested the Titanic its ok and this year is the anniversary.

Our group size was small too ( 6 - 8 ) but it made the experience more intimate as you were led through the exhibit by three "characters" from different backgrounds, who told their story and handed off to the next person as you progressed through.

You were encouraged to interact with them asking questions of what their life was like and their experience on board.

You got quite absorbed into the whole thing.

You walk through various sets which have been created very well. One part there is a huge block of ice that you are invited to touch with your wrists to experience just how cold it would have been. The other thing I remember is you can walk out on to the deck which is set in the evening with a clear sky and you can feel the chill as you go through the door. When we visited only a few other people were there and it was quiet and quite eerie.

Also something to look out for is when you enter you are given a ticket with a persons name on it and you adopt this persona and at the end there is a wall with all the names of the people who sailed on the Titanic and you can see if you survived or not.

It's just good attraction for one of your rest days.

David

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: titanic experience

David is right to mention the adoption of a passenger's persona as an interesting element of this experience. When I discovered that I was the only survivor out of our party of four visitors, I found it very thought-provoking and touching. I think I even felt a little bit guilty for 'surviving'.

It's a very worthwhile attraction.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: titanic experience

Thanks for the replies that's really helpful! Looking to book this for part of my partners 30th birthday present as he's really into it all

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: titanic experience

You might also want to consider taking him to the dinner that is also offered, I haven't gone but have heard it is very good. There is also a special 100th anniversay dinner you can find on the Titanic's website.

www.thetitanicexperience.com

9. Re: titanic experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 03:16