We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Vistana or Silver Lake

New York
Level Contributor
464 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Vistana or Silver Lake

We are going to Florida next June. We have a choice between a 2 bedroom at the Sheraton Vistana or Silver Lake. I stayed at the Sheraton 4 years ago and thought it was very nice. I heard that Silver Lake was very nice also and close to the parks. We have 3 girls under 11 that love the pools. Any opinions? Overall I heard go reviews on both, but would like someone's opinion who stayed at both perhaps. I can't decide which one to go with. thanks

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Silver Lake Resort
Silver Lake Resort
1,541 Reviews
Kissimmee, FL
Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Vistana or Silver Lake

i cannot say anything about the Sheridan, but I have stayed at Silver Lake twice and LOVED it both times. It is minutes from the back gate of Animal Kingdom and in very close proximity to many restaurants and such. The room is very clean, and has everything you would need for a home away from home. There are two good sized pools and a nice sized hot tub :) We have always ended up in the newly renovated rooms (900 bldng first time and 1000 building the last visit) I know some buildings there are not yet renovated, so ask for 900 or 1000. Such a beautiful place overall, would definitely go back!

Mentioned in this post
Silver Lake Resort
Silver Lake Resort
1,541 Reviews
Kissimmee, FL
New York
Level Contributor
464 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Vistana or Silver Lake

great, thanks for your opinion!

Dayton, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Vistana or Silver Lake

Like the previous poster, I have only stayed at Silver Lake, and it was fine. However, after reading forum posts and reviews for several years, my sense is that Sheraton Vistana may be more refined and resort-like than Silver Lake. If I had had a choice between the two when I booked Silver Lake, I probably would have chose Sheraton.

One of the good things about Silver Lake is that it is extremely close to Animal Kingdom (but not so close to the other parks). I actually walked to AK from Silver Lake in less than 20 minutes, but I wouldn't do it if I had small children in tow (as you will have). You have to deal with a narrow road without a sidewalk and some speedy traffic. If you drive, it will take you less than 5 minutes.

Silver lake does have a nice pool area, so that might be a big plus considering your girls. However, I don't know how it would compare to Sheraton.

Overall Silver Lake was nice, but nothing special. I have a feeling that you may not find it quite as good as Sheraton Vistana. If you compare the Tripadvisor ratings, it looks like Sheraton gets a higher percentage of 5-star reviews than Silver Lake.

Edited: 17 August 2012, 15:09
Mentioned in this post
Silver Lake Resort
Silver Lake Resort
1,541 Reviews
Kissimmee, FL
PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Vistana or Silver Lake

Do you mean Sheraton Vistana "Villages" south end of IDrive or S V "Resort" on the 535 near Lake Buena Vista?

We have stayed at both of these and would definitely say although we liked the Resort, we preferred the Villages. The location for the Villages is ideal, near the Publix supermarket, close to Premium Outlets and restaurants. Not far from Sea World. We always have a car so its good location makes easy driving!

The pools are good, its a gated community, with a shop/bar/cafe.

Mentioned in this post
Buena Vista Suites
Buena Vista Suites
1,162 Reviews
Orlando, FL
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,479 Reviews
Orlando, FL
New York
Level Contributor
464 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Vistana or Silver Lake

Hi

I was talking about the Sheraton Vistana resort,not the villages.

thanks for your input, I need to see which one is available on the day I chose as I am using a timeshare.

Mentioned in this post
Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- Lake Buena Vista
Sheraton Vistana Resort...
7,175 Reviews
Orlando, FL
6. Re: Sheraton Vistana or Silver Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 03:16