We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When will spring break be in 2013?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
When will spring break be in 2013?

Im planning a 10-day vacation at Walt Disney World with my boyfriend to celebrate our anniversary, so we´re looking for zero crowds (or the least possible anyway) in April, so spring break is to be avoided.. when will that be?

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When will spring break be in 2013?

Spring break runs from mid-February to April. Since Easter is late March would think that after mid-April would be a great time to visit.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
497 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When will spring break be in 2013?

the busiest is the week before easter, the week of and the week after, but then, towards the end of the month and all of may you have christian nights, ( they call them JOY or something like that and unless you are a raging christian, avoid these nights at it becomes annoying very quickly, to us not blessed with the ability to take that JUMP of faith... IMHO.

Easter is MAr 31st ( making easter monday apr 1st... I'll not say more).

so second and third week in apr should be best bets, I'd go second week if I were to pick... but you can check the even schedule on wdw website as well...

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When will spring break be in 2013?

Night of Joy is in September

The big event going on would be the International Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot, a Beautiful time to visit

As a side note, there is never a Zero crowd time. April overall is Moderate crowd levels. Have a plan, check the Park hours, understand and use the Fast Pass System, make Advance Dining Reservations ( ADRs ) and you will manage to have some fun

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
497 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When will spring break be in 2013?

excuse me... zero crowd time , unless I am mistaken refers to wait time in lines, and I can assure you, there are plenty of those. LOL.. and there is more than one nite of JOy type things, as the kids from the religious schools in Fl flock to them for grad nights. also, there are Grad nights as well. in both April and May. we have never used fast pass, and most of the time when we're there, they don't even have fast pass in use... I take that back, we did use one for test track, one year on like Dec 15th... also for the new coaster in AK when it first opened.. it really does depend on time of year.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When will spring break be in 2013?

Orange County (Orlando) public schools spring break for 2013 is Monday-Friday, March 25-29. That will be pretty typical for other public school districts. Spring break is usually set without regard to Easter, although in 2013, Easter is March 31.

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: When will spring break be in 2013?

Night of Joy specifically is in September

Grad Nights are no longer held, the last one was in 2011

7. Re: When will spring break be in 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 06:16