We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of eating out?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
185 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of eating out?

How much is buffet at paces like golden corrall or ponderosa and where would you recommend eating at generally?

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,000 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of eating out?

I would "never" recommend anyone to eat at Ponderosa..................Golden Corrall maybe..........

If your looking at that type of eatery, try Bob Evans, Denny's, Perkins, Cracker Barrel, etc...Although not "all you care to eat style" you do get reasonable food.

But do yourself a "big" favour & stay away from Ponderosa.

When we first went over 20 years ago, they were just ok, now though..........there are so many nice places to eat, at reasonable price's.

On how much......even $1 would be to much;-);-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of eating out?

If you go online you can get discount vouchers for many restaurants.

Last time we went to Orlando in 2010 we were persuaded to go to a Ponderosa and it was nasty. Plus by the time you've bought a drink it's not much cheaper.

I like a Perkins breakfast but it can be pricey although it does set you up for the day.

London
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of eating out?

Some mid price places I would recommend are:

Olive Garden

Tony Romas

Bahama Breeze

We like Denny's for breakfast/brunch.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
185 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of eating out?

Thanks, we haven't been to ponderosa for 10 years as it was not so good, wont go again now! Like golden corral occasionally, is tgi still ok?

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of eating out?

TGI's was good when we were there in June. Good food and reasonably priced. We loved Tony Romas tho and can't wait to get back next year. The shrimp is to die for.

A x

england
Level Contributor
85 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of eating out?

IHOP - kids eat free from 4pm

Applebys - do one starter and two meals for 20 dollars and their food is actually nice.

McDonalds - about the same as uk prices

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of eating out?

Golden Corral in LBV on 535 is not so bad. Lots of variations to suit all tastes and good prices. Also on the sam site is Bahama Breeze which is fantastic but obviously it depends on what you choose from the menu as to how expensive it is.

I found all our meals prices were increased considerably because of the beer/wine we have with it!

Perkins good

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,078 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of eating out?

I'll probably get shot down but never mind, we liked the buffet breakfasts at Sizzler opposite Pointe Orlando last Oct. It was $3.99 each, coupons available too :) The place was clean and the food looked fresh otherwise I wouldn't have gone there multiple times. However I realise we were 'off season' so who knows what it's like when mega busy. So I would actually recommend it based on our experience.

Olive Garden was good too, and they do take outs :)

Kent
Level Contributor
258 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of eating out?

You can save a lot of money with coupons.

We visited walmart on our first day and there is a lot of offers in the coupon books.

I only have had ponderosa for breakfast. Dennys is good, I found golden corral way too busy when we went.

There is a lot of different options but you would need to try them out for yourself. You might like golden corral but I hate it lol.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 12:25
Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
536 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of eating out?

IMO you can't beat cracker barrel for breakfast. Don't write off the buffet style restaurants though, even ponderosa for breakfasts. they are OK if you have really hungry kids. There will be something you like on the table.

Don't forget the menu prices will not include tax or gratuity.

Use coupons, don't be shy.