We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halfpoint betweenLexington, Ky and Orlando, Fl for motelL

Harrodsburg...
2 posts
Save Topic
Halfpoint betweenLexington, Ky and Orlando, Fl for motelL

Looking for a place to stay at a halfway point from Lexington, Ky to Orlando, fl. Aslo looking for a close beach on the way to Orlando for a day. thanks

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halfpoint betweenLexington, Ky and Orlando, Fl for motelL

Well, Atlanta is about halfway, but I would think you would want to get that behind you in the first day, so you don't have to deal with the traffic in the morning. You could stay around one of the I-75 interchanges south of town, near the airport.

If you arrive around rush hour, you should avoid taking I-75 through town -- use I-285 instead.

Or, you could go on to Macon, another 75 minutes south. Most of the newer hotels are along the I-475 bypass at the Eisenhower exit.

The nearest beach to Orlando is Cocoa Beach / Cape Canaveral, about 45-60 minutes east. There are a number of reasonably-priced places to stay there, or I recommend Lori Wilson Park beach, on A1A, for a day trip. Check out the TA pages and forums for Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral. BTW, Kennedy Space Center is also there and worth a trip.

Harrodsburg...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Halfpoint betweenLexington, Ky and Orlando, Fl for motelL

We would like to get closer to the Fl state line. Would love to drive straight through, but we are traveling with a toddler of 3 1/2 yrs. So we will probably stop after we get pass Atlanta.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halfpoint betweenLexington, Ky and Orlando, Fl for motelL

If you don't belong to AAA, do a routing on Google Maps and use that data to help you determine a mid-point.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,194 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halfpoint betweenLexington, Ky and Orlando, Fl for motelL

We always stop at the Hampton Inn at exit 5 in Valdosta, Ga (just shy of the FL border, and an easy drive to Orlando the next day. It's a good area with a couple of gas stations, and a Cracker Barrel, as well as the free breakfast and newspaper in the morning.

Look into renting a portable dvd player if your car doesn't already have one.

5. Re: Halfpoint betweenLexington, Ky and Orlando, Fl for motelL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 07:18