We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wich Universal Studios theme park?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
13 posts
Save Topic
Wich Universal Studios theme park?

It's been 10 years since my last stop at Universal Studios Florida. I've been in Universal Studios Hollywood twice, but only once in Florida. I remember I loved a lot of the Studios atractions in Florida, but from what I've read, a lot of them were closed (Jaws, Earthquake, etc). How is the quality of the park nowadays?

Is it still worth it?? Furthermore, one of my favorites (in the Hollywood park) was Jurassic Park, wich is not even in the Florida version (only in the Islands of Adventure I think). I can only go to one of the Universal parks. I love movies and I'm a bit confused.

Can anyone tell wich park is better? Universal Studios park or Universal Islands of Adventure? (I'm already going to Disney...)

Thanks!

Tiago

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,037 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wich Universal Studios theme park?

Well, if you've never been there, and you like Jurassic Park, then Islands of Adventure seems the easy decision. It is also where Harry Potter is. Altogether, it's more about thrill rides than Universal Studios. At certain times of the year it's possible to do much of both parks in one day. Pricewise, that is similar to doing 2 days with one park each day though. Despite your love of movies, I vote IOA. It's a great park...if you like rides...

London
Level Contributor
328 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wich Universal Studios theme park?

Why not get a 2 park one day ticket? It doesn't cost much more and you can walk from one to the other in 5 minutes.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wich Universal Studios theme park?

hi tiago

my vote would go to islands of adventure.

barry and mary

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wich Universal Studios theme park?

It has to be IOA especially if you have never been before, there are so many good rides. Universal Studios can be done in a half day so why not buy a 2 pk ticket and do IOA first then move over to the Studios.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wich Universal Studios theme park?

Hi

Definatetely IOA over Universal

In my view IOA has the following "must do " very good rides:

Forbidden Journey

Spiderman

Hulk

Jurassic Park

Ripsaw Falls

Blutos Barges

Cat in the Hat

Dragons Challange.

This compares to the following "must do" at Universal

Rip Ride Rocket

Mummy ride

Simpsons

Men in Black

Universal definately needs some new rides to catch up.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wich Universal Studios theme park?

If you can only visit one park go to IOA! You'll love it, Universal at the moment isn't that great in my opinion, the Jaws stuff is annoying and to me they really need to do something over there! But IOA is fantastic.

Luton, UK
Level Contributor
349 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wich Universal Studios theme park?

Having visited Universal today and IOA a couple of days back it's IOA that gets my vote.

The rides are more varied and better in my opinion. HP is superb and adds to the Park while the work taking place in Universal to replace Jaws and other attractions do it no favours.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wich Universal Studios theme park?

Go to IOA, if you have been to Universal Hollywood that is far better than Universal Orlando, IMO

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wich Universal Studios theme park?

Got to be IOA brilliant then pop over to US to go on tjhe MuMMy ride that is awsome.

ajg

10. Re: Wich Universal Studios theme park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 03:18