We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR part 16: DisneyQuest and travel home

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
TR part 16: DisneyQuest and travel home

Monday 27 August : DisneyQuest and travel home

We had a sleep in and woke up, not unexpectedly given the forecasts, to a very wet and rainy Orlando.

Our original plan was to drop our bags at the Virgin check in at Downtown Disney and then go to DisneyQuest when it opened at 11.30. However, because of the wet weather Virgin DD check-in was not open. DisneyQuest had also opened early at 11.00am because of the wet weather and when we arrived it was very busy.

The Q for the Pirates ride, one of my favourites, was about 60 minutes so we decided to give it a miss. We went on Design your own Rollarcoaster ride, again long Q’s. Our coaster was level 4 out of 5, this made me a bit apprehensive that we may have been over ambitious for so early in the day. However, although it span round 4 times it was not too bad.

Had a few goes on the old space invaders machine, bought back some very happy memories from 30 years ago, when this game was more or less the height of technology.

The girls were trying to get on the Disnay animation tables/class, but it was very busy. Also they seemed to be having problems with the “make your own record recording studio”. At least I assume it was the studio that was broken, rather just my voice that stopped it from playing back!

Went to try and get some lunch on the top floor, but it was just chaotic, so we decided to cut our losses and head over to Earl of Sandwich for Lunch.

Overall it was our least successful visit to DisneyQuest. Unlike most of the Disney parks, they seemed short of staff and did not seem to be coping very well when it was at full capacity.

We left DisneyQuest about 2.00pm by which time fortunately it had stopped raining.

Earl of Sandwich also very busy but we managed to get a table. Sandwiches were good quality.

Had a straight forward drive to airport, dropped car off, did bag drop and security all relatively OK.

In terms of the logistics of the Virgin flight, it was a 747 with the old entertainment system. It seemed more cramped than when we had flown out on the new airbus. It left more or less on time at 7.10pm and arrived in Manchester slightly ahead of schedule at about 8.00am. So overall flight time was just under 8 hours. My food was good, but as is generally the case no one else in the family enjoyed their food.

Now at home, thinking about next year!!

Overall a fantastic holiday.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,067 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR part 16: DisneyQuest and travel home

Shame about the rainy end day, glad you all had a fab holiday though. You did well grabbing a table at EoS I think :) Is the design your coaster ride like Sum Of All Thrills then at Epcot ? My DD still insists she enjoyed this ride the most ! Her and DS had loops in theirs too !

Happy planning for next year :)

Wexford, Ireland.
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: TR part 16: DisneyQuest and travel home

Loved reading your TRs, thanks a million!

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR part 16: DisneyQuest and travel home

Glad you're all home safe and sound. Pity about the rainy end to your holiday. Have fun planning your next holiday and thank you for all your TR'S. They were great :)

A x

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
43 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR part 16: DisneyQuest and travel home

Thanks for all your TR's, loved reading them & got some ideas for our trip next year. : )

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR part 16: DisneyQuest and travel home

Thanks for your TRs....I really enjoyed them!!!

6. Re: TR part 16: DisneyQuest and travel home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 03:19