We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for 6 people

Quirindi, New South...
Level Contributor
197 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels for 6 people

I am after hotels that will sleep up to 6 people as cheap as possible but still close to everything. It will be 2 adults 4 children between 3 and 8 years. I don't mind if we(2 adults) have to share a bed with the 3 year old. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for 6 people

Does it have to be a hotel? A villa may well work out cheaper, give you a lot more space and be more relaxing. The only problem is you'd have to drive, though it wouldn't be far to the parks (depending on the area, probably 20-30 minutes maximum for the Orlando-based parks, less for Disney).

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels for 6 people

I would definitely recommend a villa if you can drive, bed the kids in the evening and sit out by your pool with a book, glass wine/beer/coffee - some relaxing adult time or even have a dip in the jacuzzi.

We did a hotel with 2 boys once but much prefer the privacy of a villa.

Haven't seen any hotel rooms for 6 , hopefully someone will be able to help with hotels.

Cherry

England
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels for 6 people

Maybe have a look at Vista Cay, Floridays or Sheraton Vistana resort instead. They offer 2 or 3 bedroom condos. That will give you some more space and all of these are well located for the parks.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels for 6 people

Floridays are offering a 3 bedroom suite for the same price as a 2 bedroom, both size suites have 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining area and lounge. Washer and dryer are also in each unit, very handy with 4 children.

We have stayed there twice, the second time there was 6 adults in our party and there was plenty of room.

It is located on I.drive near the Premium outlets (Vineland) the I.trolley and Lynx services both stop just outside the front of the hotel.

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels for 6 people

I agree with Floridashirl about a timeshare resort. Definitely your best option. Try redweek.com for a better price than booking with the resort. Instead you will rent a week from an owner. It's nice to have a kitchen, laundry and your own bedroom plus resort options like pools, on site mini market and a concierge.

Va
Level Contributor
11,420 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels for 6 people

You don't have to find a timeshare or a villa. A regular hotel room with a pull out sofa will do what you need to do at a minimal cost. American hotels are not like the rest of the world where they charge by guest. You could look a little bit higher and go for an extend stay hotel that would give you a little more space like residence Inn, Homewood suites, etc or a suite hotel like Embassy. Those types of hotels will also give you breakfast for free and usually an afternoon snack during the week.

Of course if you have the money to spend then you can look at timeshare type resorts. Personally, I wouldn't consider Floridays because there are much nicer resorts in the same price range.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels for 6 people

Mordygordy have you decided where you want the hotel to sleep 6? just asking as you've posted the same question on several american forums so are you going to decide on a state depending the outcome of bedroom size?

Cherry

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,168 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels for 6 people

I assume the OP is planning an extended trip to several US destinations as many Australians do when they come to the US.

Here in my town hotels will not permit occupancy of more than 4 to one hotel room even if some are small children so two rooms woukld be required- perhaps other locales don't have that restriction.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels for 6 people

In US it is very hard to find hotels that will accept even 5 persons to a room, let alone 6. Know there are some places right on Disney property that can accommodate larger families. Think most people in a routine hotel would be a suite type hotel. Of course there will be exceptions to the rule, but these statements are based on my experience of doing hotel reservations and working as a travel agent.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,779 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels for 6 people

A suite hotel is your best bet-Staybridge Suites LBV,Residence Inn LBV,Homeswood Suites,Embassy Suites LBV-all include breakfast and some cooking facilities