We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back, amazing time!!!

Essex basildon
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back, amazing time!!!

Yep just returned yesterday at 930am, and now back at work :(

Ill keep this short...

What an amazing time.. Ill split this up in sections.

Weather= Isaac caused some torrential rain in the afternoon, on the first few days of the holiday, and some parks we were hiding for cover for a long time. Ive not seen rain like this in these months. But with the storm whats to expect. However once the storm passed and took the bad weather away, it was very very very hot in the 90s and even once got into 100f!! and didnt rain once in the last 5-6 days. Get a poncho!! and the parks still do the fireworks etc, Characters may be not around much vo, and they cancelled the stunt show we was watching because of a lighting storm :( (looking forward to that!)But to be fair i didnt see many rides shut, but probs because we were hiding lol

Parks= Magic kingdom and epcot are the weakest parks for us, we found some staff in MK rather rude. They really need to do some updating to keep up with IOA especially. Also the Sea world parks are great too, busch is worth the trip!. MGM and AK are the stand out disney parks for me.

Rides= Harry potter is an awesome rides and does show how disney need to update their technology to keep up. Splash mountaom, and space mountain are getting a bit old hat now. However Everest at AK was good, and new startours and spiderman rides are great, despicable me was good too. Roller coasters Hulk, new Cheetah hunt and busch coasters are still brill. Discovery cove was a great all inclusive day and was much needed relaxing day. YOU will need rest days, and you feet will ache being 12 hours on your feet all day.

Qs/crowds= Surprised to see the Q times relatively short, walked onto a lot of rides. 40mins was the most we q'd, that was for splash mountain, and a few others water rides in IOA (probs due to the heat!!) Crowds in MK was the busiest as was typhoon lagoon, which put me off going on slides. But get to the parks early you can do a lot in the hour or so people are arriving.

Food= Food is great out there, i found the food in the sea world parks a higher standard than the Disney parks, as always prices are higher in parks. Food outside, is awesome and another world from what were used to in the UK. IHOP, Dennys, wendys, was our go to places after the parks when it was late. Wasnt keen on sizzler, and Tony romas is great (all you can eat on mondays!!)

Clothes= In the outlets Ralph Lauren , Calvin Clien, tommy hilfiger great prices! Save some space though, you will bring a lot back!!

Other attractions= Dolphin Swim at Dcove, was an experience of my life!!! Must do if your into sea life and dolphins. Ive never seen smiles on kids faces like i did there even on adults.The all inclusive day was great too with beer drinks and snack always available, lunch was great too, with a huge selection on meals desserts and drinks.

The gun range at oak wood...... bloody hell i loved it, shot 6 guns. 2 handguns 2 rifles and a shotgun, for 102$. Another experience of my life, the shotgun frightened the life out of me in a amazing way!!

Wonderworks was okay, i though a bit pricey and i wasnt keen , kids loved vo.

Congo golf was fun and we held a gator, which was a memory never to forget.

Driving= Easy dont worry, even down to tampa is one long road, just obey signs, and keep speed down, the cops are hot out there for that! Turning right on a red light becomes second nature too.!!

Well i think thats it really. what a great fun packed tiring awesome holiday!! Dont forget to leave room for stuff you WILL buy and bring home....

Now back to reality and WORk!! :)

See ya around guys

Dan

Edited: 05 September 2012, 10:48
Swansea
Level Contributor
655 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back, amazing time!!!

Great TR, glad you enjoyed

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back, amazing time!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time!! ;)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back, amazing time!!!

Sounds like you had a blast. Can't wait for mine now :)

47 days and counting !

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back, amazing time!!!

Great TR Dan.

Your right about driving it's so easy out there and quite relaxing. Love the drive down to Busch Gardens,my favourite park.

224 days to go for us.

ajg

Leicester
Level Contributor
250 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back, amazing time!!!

Great post thanks! Made me more excited about the food, and less worried about driving

B x

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back, amazing time!!!

I'm really glad that you had a good time. I always get a kick out of the British love of places like Denny's, IHOP, and Wendy's. Denny's is somewhere for Americans to go when they are drunk at 3:00am. IHOP is actually not bad for breakfast, and I know the location near Clermont proper is run very well. I haven't been to Wendy's since they opened Five Guys.

I'm surprised you didn't try Cracker Barrel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back, amazing time!!!

Great TR Dan, glad you had such a good time. My DD would agree with you about AK being one of the best Disney parks, she'd spend most of her holiday between AK & Typhoon Lagoon if she had her way!! :0)

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,679 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back, amazing time!!!

"it was very very very hot in the 90s and even once got into 100f!! "

Ha-ha. You should try Phoenix or Las Vegas in the summer! Seriously, I encourage you to return during mid-October to mid-November. IMO, the weather is the best all year.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back, amazing time!!!

Great TR, Dan. Glad you had such a great holiday. We all loved AK and HS too and I have to agree with you about Tony Romas, fab food. Hope work isn;t too bad for you.

A x

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back, amazing time!!!

Glad you had such a great time. You packed a lot in. I bet you're sorry to be back at work!

Regards,

Deaconblue