We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Topic
Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

Deal of the century!!! Hope I won't be sorry. Any good or bad stories lately at MCO?

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,937 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

I think you're worrying too much about your rental car. Dollar is just as good but no better than all the others at MCO.

Know their policies. This one is important to some people....

A hold will be placed on all credit/debit cards for the estimated amount of the rental plus 15% OR a minimum of $250.00, whichever is greater. We will remove the hold at the end of the rental when the final charges are settled.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

I have rented with them twice and had a good experience.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

Yeah, I probably do worry too much!!!! I book it and if it turns out to be bad then I might have to deal with comments from the DH!!!! I'll try to relax. lol

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

We have used Dollar for years at MCO and never had a problem. We had a puncture on year which we changed but we had to take it back to the nearest airport which was Tampa at the time. They changed the car for us and we got a double upgrade plus another full tank of fuel for the inconvenience. Returned the exchanged car to MCO with no problems.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

vdl2 - thanks for sharing your good experience.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

Hi,

We have used Dollar on at least 7 occasions out of Orlando (both SFB and MCO); as well as Tampa, San Jose and San Francisco (also on many occasions and I can honestly say that we havn't had any problens with them.

We have also used Alamo on occasion, and from our experience, the condition of the cars, etc... seem quite similar.

One tip when picking you car on the lot, is to check the date on the license plate - this is the date that the registration expires. Make sure that yours hasn't expired as the police can pull you for this!

newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

To save you worrying why not get DH to book then if anything goes wrong it wont be your fault.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

Thanks ukbikerboy!!!

Good idea granddad!!!!!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

We booked with Dollar during our stay in the states in July, and we had no problems at MCO........or a LAS for that matter.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gonna have to go with Dollar, hope it's not a mistake!!

Everybody has different opinions on the different car rental companies. As I stated earlier we have never had a problem with Dollar/Thrifty but Alamo for us now thats a different story. We had a car from Alamo a number of years ago that the engine blew up on us in the middle of a major junction after picking it up an hour before. We had to wait 3 hours for the breakdown truck to come and pick it up and deliver us another car. So although others think Alamo is fantastic we would never hire with them again.