We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sinus infection!

wirral
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sinus infection!

We go a week tuesday and i've developed a really bad sinus infection. I'm dizzy and wobbly all the time and i'm really worried i won't able to do the motion rides and coasters (the flight will be bad as well). It's been brewing for weeks and I hoped it would go away, it's gotten worse!

Any advice from anyone who suffers would be appreciated!!!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sinus infection!

A trip to the doctor is first. Try to get the congestin to clear out using steam, meds, saline nasal spray, if doctor says okay. Generally, a week is long enough to start to feel human again. I get at least one a year, so know how miserable you feel.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sinus infection!

I have had the same thing, go to a doctor and get a prescription for a antibiotic. It really works. I had a infection a wk. before vacation and in about 5 days I was really better,It is the only thing that really works. I know how you feel, it's awful.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,603 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sinus infection!

Well I am not a doctor but it would seem common sense to go to the doctors

wirral
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sinus infection!

Already went 3 weeks ago, took anti-biotics cleared up a bit, now it's back even worse. I'll go again tomorrow or Tuesday. Cheers

England
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sinus infection!

Hi dazbowski, like your new profile picture, a bit more cheerful :+))

Sorry to hear about your sinuses, I have been a sufferer for many years and feel for you. Are you sure it's sinuses and not vertigo if you feel constantly dizzy and wobbly? Go and see your GP to check it out.

If it is sinusitis (have you also got a temperature ?) ask your GP for a prescription for antibiotics and explain to the doc that you will be flying next week. Apart from that use nasal spray (decongestant) inhalations with steam (try camomile tea) and drink plenty (non-alcoholic of course ) :((( and get as much rest as possible.

Good luck and keep up the good spirits and a positive attidude ;))

newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sinus infection!

As others have already said, get your self to your doctors and get proper medical advice from the professionals..that way you could be clear to enjoy both the flight and the rides..

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sinus infection!

What with your sinuses and bad back you really are quiet a poorly person it seems, you take care out there !

England
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sinus infection!

Sorry dasbowski, tried to edit my post as I saw your reply after I had posted but would not let me.

Go back to Gp tomorrow and ask for assessment of Vertigo ( one of my colleagues has just been diagnosed, thinking it was sinusitis) or different antibiotics if def sinusitis..

wirral
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sinus infection!

Cheers everyone, hopefully i'll be fine. I'll get the Docs tomorrow.

Still got 9 days before flying!

Edited: 09 September 2012, 19:04
glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sinus infection!

Earplugs on the flight should also help once the antibiotics have taken effect..