We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Friday (2 questions)

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Black Friday (2 questions)

Hello all,

Hope everyone is well.

Me & my GF are heading to Orlando for the week over the Thanksgiving period. We've been a few times before on Thanksgiving, but I've got a couple questions I'd like someone to answer if at all possible :)

Firstly - We've shopped many times during the Black Friday sales, but this was only for clothes. This year I'm looking at getting a laptop for myself. What I'd like to know is, is that do people think we will need to queue up in order to get a good deal on something like this?

Secondly - Will a laptop that I buy in the US work back here in the UK? Will I just need to buy the relevant charger/electricity converter?

Thanks to anyone that can help me

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black Friday (2 questions)

Yes you will absolutely need to get into line very early to get the electronic deals on Black Friday. A lot of places only have a few of each electronic device. Grab a paper first thing Thanksgiving morning to find out where the best deals will be. Also get on the Internet a few days prior. A lot of people will eat Thanksgiving dinner in the early or mid-afternoon and then head immediately out to get in line. Since you're from out of the country the meal might not mean as much to you and you can get out earlier : )

Not sure if the laptop will work outside the US but assuming it will.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,865 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black Friday (2 questions)

"Firstly - We've shopped many times during the Black Friday sales, but this was only for clothes. This year I'm looking at getting a laptop for myself. What I'd like to know is, is that do people think we will need to queue up in order to get a good deal on something like this?"

Oh yes, particularly at places like Best Buy. Some stake out their spots the day (not night) before.

"Secondly - Will a laptop that I buy in the US work back here in the UK? Will I just need to buy the relevant charger/electricity converter?" Be sure to also ask them if the warranty is valid in the UK.

It will "probably" accept dual voltage. You may even want to go to your store of choice the day before and ask a sales person.

Edited: 09 September 2012, 20:44
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black Friday (2 questions)

Yup, you would have to get in line like everywhere else! Im talking about getting in line at least the night before if you want the absolute bestdeals... Good luck :)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Black Friday (2 questions)

Thanks for the help everybody, much appreciated :)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,519 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Black Friday (2 questions)

Perhaps even the prices now on a laptop will be a good deal for you. The i3 types are around $380, i5 go for $500 or less and i7 for just under $700. The deals that may come up on Black Friday could quite likely be "old" stock.

Start looking online from now so you get a feel for what is a good price.

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Black Friday (2 questions)

My daughter is studying abroad in London now. She has her US bought Mac with her and has been using it without a problem. We purchased an adapter for her to use there.

Good luck with the Black Friday sales.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Black Friday (2 questions)

Thanks all :)

uk
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Black Friday (2 questions)

you can buy at voltage exchanger (capacitator) at branch of Maplins. we use it for our Us electronics no problem

9. Re: Black Friday (2 questions)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 10:17