We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Dinner

Hey!

Wonder if any of you lovely people can help me?

Been to Florida many a time but never during Thanksgiving & so we would like to celebrate the American way & actuall have a Thanksgiving dinner

We were told the hotels usually put on a real good meal but you must make reservations as they get booked up pretty quickly and how the Peabody Hotel is already fully booked!

I've contacted the Rosen Plaza hotel to enquire as they receive food reviews. I was told there is a buffet or a 4 course meal. We've gone fl the buffet as we are a large group n this way hopeful everyone is pleased BUT I contacted them last night to make reservations and have been told its too early? There is no reservations list yet?

So when should one actually book? I don't want to leave it to late!!

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,733 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

Maybe leave it a week or two then contact them again , as you point out you dpn't want to leave it too late.

This happen to us when trying to book the Gaylord Palms for christmas dinner we got told that they weren't taking bookings until after thanks giving but when we rang back to book it was full up.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

You're right, the hotels always have wonderful buffets for the holidays. You may also want to check with the Rosen Centre. I ate there with my family last year and it was great. I would hope both of the Rosens would start taking restaurant reservations for the holidays by mid October. Beginning in October, I suggest you call them once a week.

Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanks guys!!!

Gonna try & contact them again next week & then every week til we get booked!

Can't risk losing out lol

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

Ms B - we went to Rosen Plaza buffet last year & had the same situation re booking. You can check the website to see if it's advertised yet. I can't remember when we actually booked last year - possibly October.

Yes it does yes busy but it's a massive place & depending on what time you want to eat you might find they have reservations until very near the time. Think we ate around 4ish.

Enjoy your holiday

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

Could anyone recommend a nice place in Kissimmee to have a Thanksgiving Meal? We are staying at Encantada near the new SuperTarget. I could quite fancy going to a hotel too as we have already eaten at many of the places around the 192.

Regards,

Deaconblue

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

Hi we have booked the Rosen Centre for our Thanksgiving Dinner. I e-mailed them via the address on their website and got a reply within a couple of days asking what time we wanted. I asked for 6pm (I think!) and she replied quite quickly saying that's fine, we're booked in (2 ad 1 inf) and she would send a sample menu/price details nearer the time. I don't know if it had anything to do with the fact we're guests of the hotel or if they're just generally more organised than the Rosen Plaza but that was around 3 or so weeks ago I booked. Looking forward to experiencing our first traditional Thanksgiving!

Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

We are staying at the Rosen Plaza. I finally managed to get a reply & was told to pick a slot between 11am & 4pm so ours will be more of a thanksgiving lunch I guess

Looking forward to it nonetheless!

But what else is there to do on thanksgiving?

I heard all the stores will be closed & the parks will be packed!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

The parks are busy but not as packed as they are at Christmas time. The stores and outlets open earlier and earlier every year to get the jump start on the Black Friday shoppers. There are a number of stores that open on Thanksgiving afternoon. Check the Visit Orlando site closer to Thanksgiving and there will be more detailed information about the holiday shopping. www.visitorlando.com

Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

I will do. Thank you!

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving means watching Macy's parade and then football. Thanksgiving dinner if you can fit it in! LOL