We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh No! no, no, no...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Oh No! no, no, no...

Ugh...as you all know, been trying to get back to WDW for a year (almost to the date) and am going on Saturday!

WELL...my oldest daughter (turned 9 today) was bucked off of her horse in her riding lesson yesterday. Not the first time, but she appears to have some injury this time. Her leg is hurting her something awful. Its her thigh so i dont think anything is broken, but shes having a hard time walking/bending/moving it basically. What do i do if its not improved by Saturday???? Kid wheelchair? Disney stroller? Ugh, i feel so bad for her i dont know if walking the parks is going to be do able.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. We are icing it for 20 minutes at a time right now, nothing else really. We have an appt with the pediatrican Thursday.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
358 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh No! no, no, no...

well you might be able to get to the front of the queues

kent
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh No! no, no, no...

A wheelchair would be fine, gentle exercises in the pool while there would probably help a lot, hopefully if it's only bruising then by Saturday she will have more movement in it, but oh I do feel for you, that week before you depart is always the time these things happen, hopefully even if you need the chair for a couple of days she may recover and fully enjoy the rest of your holiday, good luck to you.

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh No! no, no, no...

This will probably be a day by day issue. If your daughter is still in considerable pain in the morning, I would call the pediatrician and ask about getting in earlier. In the meantime, ice is excellent, as is wrapping the thigh in an Ace bandage and elevating it above the level of her heart. Call the doctor immediately if you notice significant swelling.

I would think at her age, she would be self-conscious about a stroller. Wheelchairs can be rented for a nominal fee from several companies in Orlando, or you could get one at home and take it. You may even want to look into electric scooters.

Good luck, and please keep us informed!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh No! no, no, no...

Er, try a doctor as a first port of call perhaps ?

It's not clear from your post that you have actually had your daughter checked out ? This must be any parents first priority !

If she is in that much pain, It suggests that something is not right at all ... if it means postponing the holiday then so be it - her health comes first any day of the week over some holiday, where ever it's destination.

Get it sorted !!

u.k
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oh No! no, no, no...

You have to be over eighteen years old to have an electric scooter

uk
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Oh No! no, no, no...

If shes still struggling, just tell the airline- expedited check in and boarding, special seating.

Tell the parks and youll get up front parking, a wheelchair and line busting.

remember to take enough meds with you, getting hold of the right dosage can be an issue.

Oh! and enjoy yourselves I bet the pain 'disappears' when she something shes excited about!! that happens all the time with my 9yr old daughter!!

happy holidays!!