We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lynx pass or i-trolly pass?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
plumbridge
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
lynx pass or i-trolly pass?

is the lynx bus pass different to the i-trolly pass?

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lynx pass or i-trolly pass?

Yes. The two systems are different and passes are not interchangeable between the two.

The I-Ride trolley operates along International Drive and in the immediate area ONLY. It does not serve any "normal" shopping locations - only "outlets" - nor does it go anywhere near Disney, nor right into Universal etc...

LYNX is the city bus network that serves the entire greater Orlando Area, including various malls, Disney, Universal and so on. It also serves the same area around International Drive that the trolley red route serves.

Unsurprisingly, give the very limited route coverage, an I-Ride pass costs less than a LYNX pass. Therefore, IF you are remaining within the I-Ride area, an I-Ride pass is a small money saver.

IF, however, you will travel outside this limited area (so - if you intend to go to non-outlet shopping, to Disney, etc) 4 or more times in any week, a LYNX pass at $16 for a week is cost effective. And, given that LYNX will also take you anywhere I-Ride goes, there is no real need for both.

If you are on International Drive, read this: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-c116996/Orland…

plumbridge
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lynx pass or i-trolly pass?

Thankyou I would never have known.

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lynx pass or i-trolly pass?

Yes they are different companies so you can't use one on the other.

The Trolley serves I-Drive between the Premium Outlets at the north & south of the tourist area. Lynx covers most of the Orlando area including Disney

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lynx pass or i-trolly pass?

we buy passes before we go for both but mainly use lynx as its far more reliable and wont be as packed

5. Re: lynx pass or i-trolly pass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2013, 10:16