We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

London, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

Im staying at Quality Inn International on International Drive and today whilst at Florida mall I saw umpteen pairs of trainers I liked. Unfortunately they didn't have them in my size but said they could order them for me and have them delivered to my hotel fo free but to let the hotel know I'm expecting a delivery.

On doing this the front desk have informed me there will be a handling fee from the hotel for use of their business center!?! I pointed out if they let me know there's a package like they've informed me there was a pizza I would collect from reception immediately.

Of course they are adamant they want to charge me for the privilege; up to $40!!! Is this standard procedure or are they mugging me off?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

I suppose they can charge what they like. Can't you collect them from the store ?

doncaster
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

Hi, we were charged $5 handling fee to receive a parcel at Marriott fairfield inn lake buena vista. The parcel was delivered to the courtyard part of the hotel and reception called us and arranged for it to be transferred to our reception. So $40 does sound a bit excessive

3. Re: Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 September 2012, 17:35
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

A fee is 'standard' but $40 does seem a bit too much.

When you say, "up to $40" What does that mean? Did the hotel say how they calculate the amount of the fee? do they charge by weight?

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,832 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

Most stores will order their out of stock items and you can pick them up when the items arrive in the store.

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

I think $40 is excessive. We had a new cellphone sent to our hotel last month and we were not charged a fee at all. They even delivered it to our room. I would complain to a manager and see if they will help you.

doncaster
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

Hi there, it was quite a large parcel from Abercrombie containing 4 hoodies 6 t shirts and a couple of pairs of shorts

newcastle
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

Thats shocking, I would ask to speak to manager about it.

Bet they would still expect a tip as well!

London, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

Yes, they said the fee is decided by size n weight.

Not much I can do now, I'll have it out with them when the time comes.

Just wanted to see if this was normal.

Tbh I'd prefer delivery to hotel than trot back to Florida mall on that 42 which seems to take forever.

We'll see eh?

Thanks for ur advice everyone.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fee for accepting deliveries at Orlando hotels?

We had loads of parcels delivered from Abercrombie to our hotel and the hotel never charged us anything...it was Lake Buena Vista Resort. I think that's a rip off!!