We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West yorkshire
Level Contributor
665 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

I have been to Florida now 10 times (I am very lucky and i know this)

But all these times I have been I have always stuck to the same restaurants and enjoy them but was wondering if there are any restaurants that are your favourites or hidden gems that you would recommend and that I am hugely missing out on if I don't go ( we go again in 245 sleep ... Not that I'm counting or anything!!!... Haha)

So here are where I have tried and love....

Breakfasts- cracker barrel, Perkins, golden corrall.

Main meals- hard rock cafe, Applebee's, planet Hollywood, brunos, outback steakhouse, earl of sandwich, t-Rex cafe,

I know I don't like the ponderosa! Or sizzlers!

I have heard tony romas, smokey bones and johnie rockets mentioned a lot - are they good places with really gorgeous food or are they just popular coz they are a little cheaper - like ponderosa which I don't like?

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
130 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

We always eat at these places, and then try some new ones:

Cheesecake Factory

PF Changs

Citricos at The Grand Floridian

Olive Garden

Tony Romas

This time we are tyring two Diseny restaurants and we are going to Seasons 52.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

Have a look at Texas de Brazil, Liked both the Orlando 1 and the 1 in chicago, Or Fogo De Chao

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

We love Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Cheesecake Factory, Maggianos and Chillies for a cheap meal. We too always go to these restaurants every year and as we were going for a month thought we should try some new places.. We tried Millars ale House didn't like the service or food and thought it was dirty. We tried Smokey Bones my kids liked it but not myself or hubby and seemed to be some right weirdos eating in there. We tried The Outback steakhouse and thought it was good food and service.

Give my restaurant suggestions a go you wont be disappointed

Edited: 19 September 2012, 10:48
Swansea
Level Contributor
655 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

Try Cracker Barrel for breakfast, lunch or dinner, very good, old style country food.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,187 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

Personally I prefer Texas Road House over Outback, for the price & for the food. I also prefer Carrabba's over Olive Garden, not just for the Italian food but their Chicken dishes are delicious. And the kids can make their own mini pizza while waiting. I agree with Laura there are better BBQ places then Smokey Bones, if I even go there I don't order their bbq but have something else off their menu. There is no flavor to their BBQ. Try Sonny's or one of the other places.

Chilis has good sliders but their regular burgers tend to be very dry. They have a great happy our margaritta special tho! We like their salads and apps but not really much else. I don't care for Red Lobster at all, hate their shrimp, but my husband likes their food. We like Crabby Bills in St. Cloud. It is on the lake with a great view. Indoor & outdoor seating. Service can be a little slow if they are busy but we have always had good food. Its off the beaten path so a little hard to find. We also like Fish Bones on I-drive which has both good steaks & seafood. However most of these I have listed are not budget type menus. Some places like Carrabas give you a choice or portion sizes which helps with the budget and if you don't really want that much food.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

there is a mexican restaurant next to the boston lobster house on IDRIVE

cannot remember name of it, maybe someone on here can but it was the best mexican meal we have ever had, the fajitas were great and the starters were huge for 2 , inside wasnt the best decorated but the food was great

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
340 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

Johnny Rockets has the Best shakes and Chili cheese fries I have ever had and they do a pretty mean burger too.

Cheesecake factory has so much variety, you could eat a different meal for a month of days and never have the same thing twice.

YUM!

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

I think the mexicans you are referring to is Don Pablos Mexican Kitchen - the food is really good and cheap - they have different offers on during the week which make it even better value for money.

We also love Bahama Breeze, Tony Romas and Millers Ale House - all serve good food at a reasonable price. Looking forward to trying the Brick House Tap and Tavern and Joes Crab Shack on our next visit. There steam pots and buckets of crab are delicious.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,076 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

If you fancy a drive try Manny at Haines City about a 20 min drive from Orlando

It's a very very busy place - which sometimes is too busy - but worth a visit, very buzzy atmosphere and they have 2-4-1 drinks early doors

We also like Applebees good food not massive portions and value for money, also 2-4-1 drinks (getting my drift here? lol)

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Am I missing out on a very delicious meal?????

Susie is that on way back from Clearwater? Sure I read a TR where someone stopped on way back so was thinking about trying.