We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

liverpool
Level Contributor
342 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

So Orlando beckons again, 27th august 2012 we head out to Manchester to stay at the lovely Radisson Blue hotel. Customer services are polite and friendly and gave us runway view rooms which were what we hoped for even though got rooms via late rooms at half the price. Had some tea at the brassiere very nice meal again polite and friendly service.

28th august we fly out of Manchester on a non-refurbished 747 virgin Atlantic. We are delayed by 40 minutes or so not sure what the issue was but not a big deal. Flight out was ok apart from hubby got missed out on the meal run as hostess forgot to return with his meal, however because there were none left he got a choice of the premium economy meals instead so he was happy. Also we had some delightful children (over ten but under 14) kicking and banging the back of my seat from the minute we took off till the minute we landed, but hey ho some parents tend to ask their children to behave a little better….. We land at MCO and are in and through homeland security within 30 minutes. We pick up cases and grab the car a nice black dodge 7 seater took the day to work out doors open and close with a button not pulling the handles. We head out the airport and off to Wal-Mart on route to villa. We do a basic shop and buy a sat nav and head to villa. Emerald island resort is as grand as it sounds. We drive up to the manned gate swap our info for a parking pass and then on to the villa. We let ourselves in its lovely its cool with all mods cons, we dump shopping get washed and changed and head off to TGI Fridays for late tea. Home then and to bed.

29th august we head out and try Denny’s hubby tried chicken fried steak and enjoyed it nice enough food for the money. We do some shopping at target and head back to the welcoming pool at the villa, Chili’s for tea, kids despite being 18 and 16 see who can colour in best chilli for the charity drive for St Jude’s. Nice chilled relaxing first proper day.

30th august Drive down to Bush Gardens for the much awaited cheetah hunt and cheetah chase. Hubby and kids loved the ride and I enjoyed seeing the cheetahs up close. Great day at park after we head back to villa we eat tea at logans.

31st august some serious shopping begins with the beginning of the Labour Day weekend sales so we head off to Premium outlets we shop till we drop. We decide to try Bahama Breeze after seeing other people’s reviews and it doesn’t disappoint. The Pina colada…. Just OMG! I’m in heaven. Tonight were off to see Blue man group. What a fantastic show worth every single penny the kids were up dancing (believe me a too cool 18 year old young man who gets embarrassed by the oldies singing and dancing was up there showing us his moves).

1st September MY DAY HAS ARRIVED as a graduation present hubby takes me to mall of millennia to Tiffany’s I get to pick out some jewellery I’m smiling like a mad person for the rest of the day. We head to cheese cake factory for some pot stickers. Shop some more then head on back to the villa and its welcoming pool.

2nd September hubby is only one driving so we take a rest day take advantage of the pool and eat at home.

3rd September we are off to universal studios. We head to old favourites like Simpsons and Shrek and Rip ride rocket (I watch I don’t do coasters) and the new Despicable me what a fabulous new ride. We try Applebee’s for tea and pop in to target on way home.

4th September Its IOA and aquatica. Kids make a bee line for harry potter at IOA while I take many many pictures as usual. We have a nice relaxing afternoon in aquatica in the lazy river and roa rapids. It’s by far our favourite park. Denny’s for a quick tea.

5th September Off to SeaWorld we watch Blue horizons and Clyde and seamour and then one ocean the shows have changed since our last visit which was nice and different. WE also watched Pets ahoy which we hadn’t thought of seeing before but really enjoyed. Then Chili’s for tea.

6th September it’s here …. Discovery cove and swimming with the Dolphins. The whole day is exceptional from the minute we arrive (that is after arriving for the 2nd time as I forgot the tickets just as we were pulling it to park and had to go back ) the grand reef alone was worth the money we enjoyed the snorkelling and spent a ages exploring the reef and looking at all the rays fish and sharks up close. At 1.30 pm it’s our turn and we head off to meet our dolphin. Latoya she’s beautiful a proper diva that makes us go to her not her come to us. We all get a kiss and then we meet Lester who takes us for a short ride. A great day and one we would recommend.

7th September we head off to IOA again and a bit more shopping in the afternoon.

8th September we chill at pool for the day and have some tea at longhorns in the evening we head to fun spot at old town Kissimmee for the routine go kart competition. We take a look at the old cars more pictures and lots of laughs as they all argue over who won the races.

9th September we planned on bush gardens but had our first full day of rain (not a brief shower) so we chill at home and got to the outback for tea.

10th September we head off to bush gardens last chance for another go at the cheetah ride and shikra. We go all the way round the park on the train more pictures. We say goodbye to bush gardens and drive home and have chili’s for tea (our new favourite restaurant due to the staff).

11th September Universal studios again followed by Buba’s bodacious bbq. Disappointed with food although it was edible it was not up to same standard as the one up in Waterford lakes where my sister used to live.

12th September We head off to SeaWorld to get some pictures that someone who shall remain nameless lost when moving from memory card top laptop of shamu up close in viewing window. I can’t be disappointed as shamu decided to play when we went and was nodding when I nodded and was bumping his nose against the glass and then regurgated a fish for me as a reward. Some great pictures from the sky tower too. Sister and her hubby arrived at our villa and we have tea at home.

13 September the four adults take a drive up to Waterford lakes some serious shopping then the bubbas we know and like. I get a box of the four sauces to bring home ( a little bit of America ribs asap as soon as we home)We head back to villa pick up the kids and swim suits and head off to aquatica. We then take sister and hubby to bahama breeze and me and the sister decide that it would be rude to not have a pina colada so we have a few! We are banned from singing in the car on the way back to the villa. Although we ignored that and sing ‘if you like pina colada’s and getting caught in the rain…… the rest of the words we ad libbed.

14th September We all pile In car and head off to aquatica and just have a great family fun day which consisted off my sister ‘saving everyone’ from the water jets…. I’m sure it was more a case of hiding behind us though. Also it’s my sister and her hubby’s wedding anniversary so we head off to Texas de Brazil... again worth the money and it’s an experience in itself service and food was impeccable.

15th September sister and hubby go and do stuff on their own as we pop out to exchange some items son had that were wrong size. Then the heavens opened and we got back to car looking like we had gone swimming in our clothes.

16th September we head off with sister and hubby to universal studios we have a great day seeing despicable me and terminator. You can see the area where jaws once was and now something new is in its place the boards that protect the building site are covered with movie posters from some of universal films through the ages. Great day and we head out for tea at chili’s.

17th September sister and hubby head off to their villa and we take a trip to Florida mall for some last minute shopping. Grab a burger at five guys… yum yum head home to the pool and then for tea we head out to longhorns my god the food portions were huge.

18th September….. Where did three weeks go so upset packing at the thought of returning home we could quite happily live in Orlando? We pop by sisters as we have to leave villa by 10 am have a few hours swimming in their pool till the rain comes. With heavy feet we get in car grabbing a last minute dunkin donut on route to airport. We hand over car and checkin (one extra suitcase and one extra carry on). We grab tea at outback and board the plane home the airbus a330. Bit bumpy in parts due to tropical storms but we land on today and the sun is out even if it’s cool.

wigan
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

Thanks really enjoyed it.can't believe your holiday is over now :-(

Marish

liverpool
Level Contributor
342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

thanks marish i know we are all suffering post holiday blues already and wondering when we could go again.

wigan
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

Hopefully soon..

Marish

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

Wow, thats one great TR. Sounds like you had a brillinat time. Enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing and taking the time.

A x

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

What a lovely trip report. Really enjoyed it and not too long at all. It's interesting to read what people do when they don't visit Disney. I am so envious of anyone who can go or three weeks. Roll on retirement!

By the way, congratulations on your Graduation. Definitely worth something nice from Tiffany's.

Regards,

Deaconblue

liverpool
Level Contributor
342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

thanks all it was a brilliant three weeks and we were going to do one day at disney but just didnt have time so now we are going to go back and do it we arent disney fans but we are going to give it a go.....i do admit we could see the fireworks from the pool side at the villa a massive plus for villa owners :) thanks deacon blue it was a long hard three years but worth it now i can do my dream jobx

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

Great trip report. What did you get from tiffany????

England
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

Sounds like you had a brilliant 3 weeks, thanks for sharing your TR. Just wondering how we will fit all this in during our 6 days in Orlando! Can't wait though and will be able to rest on AMI afterwards.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

Great TR glad you had a great time.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip report a little long but condensed as best i could....

Great trip report,all sounded fab :)