We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time of year to vist

Pueblo, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
best time of year to vist

when is the best time to visit coming with 15 people so would like to come when it is not as crowded and not as hot

Level Contributor
51 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best time of year to vist

I would say January or February. Crowds are lower (too early for spring break but after holiday break) and the weather is awesome.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best time of year to vist

October and January

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,432 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time of year to vist

Best time of year for crowds is also usually when the weather isn't optimum.

As stated, most of January and parts of February, but it could be pretty cold then.

Also, September is great for crowds, but it's very hot, humid, and rainy then.

I would say early November would be best for both moderate crowds and good weather. It's after "fall break" time and before Thanksgiving. Used to go myself that time of year and it was always good, but that was a few years back.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best time of year to vist

Agree with kat, we usually go early November and find the weather perfect and the crowds pretty low.

San Diego
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: best time of year to vist

November is one of the least crowded months, and is the month with the least amount of rain. The only downside to the slow months, is there are usually an attraction or two that are closed for renovation. November is when we are going this year.

leeds yorkshire
Level Contributor
356 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best time of year to vist

just vomre back last saturday and can honestly say we did not wait more than 15 minutes in any line in any iof the parks,

so it was perfect the weather was ok rained a couple of times but not enough to put you off going to the parks.

so i would go september.

easy

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best time of year to vist

how long are you going for? id definitely go end of October into November, low crowds nice weather and great atmosphere and lots of things to do in groups for Halloween x

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best time of year to vist

It's impossible to answer without knowing your exact circumstances such as kids at school or favourite things to do.

January is quiet and fantastic for line waits of 5 mins etc but hopeless if you want a Dolphin Swim at Discovery Cove!

With that in mind, my best answer would be;

1. Anytime you can take your kids or get time off yourself is good

2. Anytime the Florida schools aren't closed

3. Anytime with guaranteed warm weather

With that in mind that leaves;

March, April, May and September in the main for the warm season

(Keep clear of Easter)

October, Nov, Dec, Jan for the cold season

(Keep Clear of The last weekend in October, Thanksgiving, Christmas)

Also, this might help?

https:/…schoolcalendar.aspx

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best time of year to vist

Why keep clear the last weekend in October, it's one of the quietest times according to the crowd calenders. 2''s predicted for that week. Doesn't get much quieter, well I suppose it could be a 1 :)

I also don't agree that Oct, Nov is the "cold " season we go most years end of Oct beginning of Nov and have always had fab weather mid 70's low 80's, not cold in my book.

So in short I agree with Ross, go late Oct early Nov, the Halloween decs are fab and you can go to MNSSHP.

Carolina Beach...
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best time of year to vist

We just returned Sunday from a week at wdw - crowd levels were very manageable and we had a great vacation. However it was hot - low 90s by mid afternoon - a few days. We are from NC so we are used to hot and steamy, we were fine, but i did see some serious heat-induced melt downs by kids and adults!!! It depends on what you consider hot