We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rash Vests!

plumbridge
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rash Vests!

does anyone know , do water parks allow you to wear rash vests on rides?

uk
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rash Vests!

yes! all the US little ones have them

waterloo ontario
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rash Vests!

My kids and I had them on along with many others. A lot better than sunscreen as protection from the sun.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rash Vests!

Rash vests are fine at all water parks, my children always wore them. However, a girl in a "normal" tee shirt was not allowed to use a water slide in aquatica when we were there recently.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rash Vests!

as above , yes

Va
Level Contributor
10,984 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rash Vests!

Aquatica is picky about swim wear on the water slides. I saw a guy get turned away from a water slide because he had on basketball shorts.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rash Vests!

Hi

hope you don't mind my asking but sunngod mentioned a guy being turned away in basketball sorts.

My sons wear swimming shorts - the baggy type ones - will that be ok or do they have to wear those speedo types ?

Thanks

Rowena

UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rash Vests!

I've always worn regular swimming shorts and they've been fine at Aquatica. Believe me, I see nobody there wearing speedos - thank God!

The basketball shorts sunngod mentioned will doubtless be quite long shorts that extend below the knee, or around that area.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rash Vests!

Thats a relief LOL saw some awful sights in Cyprus :-)))

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,979 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rash Vests!

Basketball shorts are very long and very baggy. They are probably not a good idea for a water park as I don't think they would stay on. My wife has a very humorous way of referring to Speedos, but I couldn't post it on the forum lol.

Please, please don't put local Floridians through the hell of looking at people in those aweful Speedo things.

Va
Level Contributor
10,984 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rash Vests!

If you don't like speedos then avoid the prime Brazilian time at the end of August.

As long as you are wearing a swim suit of some sort you are fine. You can wear basketball shorts, but you just won't be able to get on the slides.