We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When and how to book

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
When and how to book

Hi everyone,

We're thinking of coming to Orlando next September for 2 weeks. When is a good time to start looking at booking to get the best prices?

Also, the last couple of years we've been on holiday to Thailand and I found that the cost worked out a lot better if I book all hotels and flights separately and not as a package. Is this the case with Orlando holidays? I've had a look at the Virgin website and it seems that you can book packages which include park passes too. Considering this, should I book everything separately or as a package? We will want to stay on International Drive and do Universal and Disney and then possibly go to a beach resort for a few days at the end of the holiday.

So confused so any help would be much appreciated!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When and how to book

try travelcitydirect.com

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When and how to book

Have a look at packages and then price it up separately. Sometimes a package will work out cheaper but more often than not it is cheaper to book separately. I believe Virgin are very expensive, going on what many others have said on here.

If you are looking at a scheduled flight they will be released 330 days out. Packages are out now.

Will you be driving? If you are you might want to look at a villa with a private pool rather than a hotel.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: When and how to book

i booked for sept 2013 in april 2012

London, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When and how to book

Yes, car hire might come into it too actually... I seem to remember the Virgin packages include car hire which might make it quite reasonable.

I think we'd prefer a hotel to a villa.... Have been to Orlando before (not for over 10 years though) and really loved the atmosphere on International Drive.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When and how to book

Just remember that the cost of car insurance will bump up the cost of a Virgin package holiday quite considerably. Even if you book a package holiday you can still book fully inclusive car hire separately. This is almost always cheaper. Post back if you are interested as there are several websites that get well used and recommended by TA members.

Be aware that International Drive has changed a lot in 10 years. Try to look at hotels near to the south end of Idrive.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,089 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When and how to book

Totally agree with deaconblue

London, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When and how to book

Hi Deaconblue,

Yes, those websites would be really useful...Thanks.

I know it might be a broad question but how has it changed... For the better or the worse?

I went there as a teenager with my family and I think we stayed at the Holiday Inn. This time it's myself and my boyfriend who hasn't been before... Hope it lives up to how I remember it and how I have described it to him!

8. Re: When and how to book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2013, 10:17