We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Potential itinerary - what do you think?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carolina Beach...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Potential itinerary - what do you think?

We are leaving this weekend (!) for a week, staying at the Sheraton Vistana, planning on eating most of our meals off-site or at counter service places. This is my proposed agenda:

Sunday 9/23

- Arrive in afternoon, explore resort, pool etc

Monday 9/24

- Magic Kingdom (open 9-9)

Tuesday 9/25

- AM – Animal Kingdom (open 9-6)

- PM - Magic Kingdom – Mickey’s Halloween that day (can get in at 4)

Wednesday 9/26

- AM – rest, pool

- PM – Epcot (open 9-midnight for Future world, 11-midnight for World showcase) *extra magic hours - WILL THIS BE AN ISSUE FOR CROWDS IN THE EARLY AFTERNOON?

Thursday 9/27

- AM – Hollywood studios (open 9-8)

- PM – Typhoon Lagoon water park (open 10-5)

Friday

- Blizzard beach? (10-5)

- Magic Kingdom? (9-7)

Saturday

- Seaworld or just hang out at the resort

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Potential itinerary - what do you think?

It kind of depends on if you have been before and the ages of those you are traveling with-

My personal opinion is that you should avoid parks having EMH hours, especially evening hours. It definitely increases the crowds.

For MK on a Monday- get there as close to opening as you can and go straight to fantasy lans. In the hour and a half after the park opens you will be able to do all the "kid" rides with little to no wait (peter pan, winnie the pooh, small worls, dumbo,autopia) etc, then that will free the rest of your day and fast passes up for the bigger rides.

Also I have noticed that the water parks are less crowded in the first 2 hours after opening and the last hour to hour and a half before closing, they are busier in the middle of the day. Maybe on Friday go to Blizzard beach for opening, than go to MK for the afternoon and night.

Love MNSSHP!! Have a great time!

We were just at the Sheraton Vistana in February and had a great trip.

Carolina Beach...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Potential itinerary - what do you think?

Thanks so much!

We have never been and our kids are 3.5 and 5. Any tips about the Sheraton Vistana? We are staying there because it was free (gift from hubby's boss) but I don't know much about it. We were hoping to get a 2 bedroom but only 1 bedrooms were available. Planning on having the kids sleep in his bedroom, us sleep on the pull-out

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
982 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Potential itinerary - what do you think?

Kate

Nola is right that you should try to avoid the parks on EMH days however Epcot is probably the only park where you can get away with it because of its size. Look at like this: most people do not have a park hopper so they will choose to go to the park with the longest hours for that day. Get there early to ride Soarin and Mission Space and you can fast pass Maelstrom later in the day. The kids might be old enough to enjoy Agent P which will allow you to see the most of the World Showcase in a little bit more peace and quiet

As far as the overall itenerary goes, its too many rest days for me!

Carolina Beach...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Potential itinerary - what do you think?

Thank you! So if we get to Epcot by late morning, do you think we would still be okay crowd-wise?

We are really only resting one morning and possibly Saturday since we don't have any park tickets that day and a 10 hour drive ahead of us on Sunday. I just don't want to return exhausted and cranky! My 5 year old and my husband need their rest or they becomes beasts! However, my 3 year old and I can both run fine on little sleep so maybe two of us will just ditch the sleepyheads and fill up our week ;)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Potential itinerary - what do you think?

We love the Sheraton Vistana, my dad is an owner so we use his condo every couple of years. Are you going to have a car? The shuttle is a bit expensive. Food courts have good selection of fast foods, not too pricey. pools are beautiful. When my kids were that age we usually only did one water park per trip, mine loved blizzrd beach's kiddie area the most, although many people prefer typhoon lagoon. The key with little ones is to arrive as early in the day as you can, this time of year shouldn't be too crowded though. At that age my kids very favorite thing to do wa splay on the playgrounds and splash pads in the parks. It used to frustrate my hubby ;).

On you MNSSHP day, go to AK early, you will probably be ready to leave right after lunch, let the kids get a good nap, feed them when they wake, then get over to MK around 5 or 6. The beginning couple hours of the party may be a little crowded, but if you can manage to stay past 10 the park gets positively empty, the second showing of the parade is usually not nearly as crowded as the first, the key to that is letting the kids get in a good nap. We actually usually do a water park in the morning then rest then the party that night.

As far as the sleeping arrangements, I would put the kids on the pull out and you and hubby take the bedroom, you are going to be exhausted from hauling them around the parks and need to get a good nights sleep.

Have a great time, that first trip when they are little is so magical IF you dont push yourself and them to hard, try to follow their lead as much as you can, melt downs happen when they get over tired or over stimulated (trust me i remember lol). Mine are so big now, still fun, but I miss the days when their eyes lit up at the sight of a princess or buzz lightyear!! have a great time!!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Potential itinerary - what do you think?

If you dont want to go to a park on saturday you can always drive to downtown disney, it is on the same exit as the Vistana, just pull out of the driveway of the resort and turn left, go down about a mile and take another left and you are almost to downtown disney. Fun to walk around the shops and, grab a bite to eat.

Another suggestion. If you are not doing anything saturday, get in your car and drive to Fort wilderness campground, park in the parking lot and take the internal bus to the campfire. It is free, chip and dale appear, there is a sing a long, and you can buy marshmellows to roast over the campfire, afterwards they show a disney movie on the outdoor screen. You can call the campground for times and movie schedules. When my kids were little it was one of their favorite things to do and best of all it doesn't cost anything but whatever snacks you may buy while you are there. After the campfire you can go down to the beach at the campground and watch the Eletric Water Parade (I think it is at around 9pm, but the campground can tell you).

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,296 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Potential itinerary - what do you think?

Don't leave the water parks to the end of the week, in case of rain. When you get a nice hot day I would go for it (just in case, I'm sure the weather will be fine).

8. Re: Potential itinerary - what do you think?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2013, 10:15