We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live TR - Day 4 Magic Kingdom and Epcot - Plan vs Reality

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Live TR - Day 4 Magic Kingdom and Epcot - Plan vs Reality

Plan:

Morning - Magic Kingdom

Afternoon - Nap/Rest/Swimming

Night - Epcot (EMH)

Reality:

Surprisingly we rose up and early today after the long night we had previously (7.30am) as I really wanted to get to the magic kingdom on time for rope drop. Went and had breakfast at Coral Garden and I was loving the variety they have there. I thought this was the best buffet we had so far. Even DS6 managed to find something to eat there! hallelujah!!!!! It was kinda amusing to see some people turned up in their pajamas pants.

Finished breakfast around 8.30am and we went straight to Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately since the parking lot was sooooooo far away from the actual park, (tram then monorail) we didn't get there in time for the rope drop (I blamed that last serve of food I had).

Took the train to Frontier Land and went on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with no wait at all. DS6 eyeing the ride suspiciously and asked if it was a scary ride. I said "No way, it's a train... LOL (Evil mum was in action again)

Skipped Splash Mountain as it was too early to get soaked and decided to come back later. Country Bear Jamboree wasn't open (renovations?) and Haunted Mansion had some difficulty so it was temporarily closed.

Next was It's a Small World which to much DS6's relief was a nice soothing ride, again no line for this at all and we walked straight on to the boat. We took FP for Peter Pan and got surprise FP for Mickey's PhilharMagic

I absolutely loved Mickey's PhilharMagic and was singing along the whole way. It was a very nicely done performance. Next was Peter Pan where again DS6 eyeing suspiciously but ended up loving as there was no bumpy nor sudden turn.

While we were at the area we took FP for Dumbo as there was some kind of construction going around fantasyland and they moved a few rides around. 

DOH and DS12 went on the teacup ride while I hated that kind of ride and opted to sit and waited. Again, no line for this. It was then time for Dumbo but we didn't use our FP as there was no line on the regular line (there were 2 Dumbo rides side by side where 1 for FP and the other for regular).

Next was Barnstormer which DS6 thought was ok (hooray.... I think he was getting used to rides now). It was sweltering by then so we picked up some lolly ices, grabbed some free cups of ice water and headed back into Tomorrowland.

Then we wasted some of our precious time by going to Monster Inc and Lilo. OMG those were the worst shows/rides I've ever been in my whole entire life! Lilo ride gave me sore shoulder cos of the pressure it gave on the strap. Nearly fell asleep on Monster Inc. show cos it was so boring. Note from DOH: the Lilo ride used to be excellent in its previous incarnation as Extra Terrestrial but now it's a waste of space and time.

After a stop for some photopass photos in front of the castle we moved on to Adventure Land. We did the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse which was okay for 10 minutes but nothing special. The rain started to fall while we were at Aladdin ride, we took FP for jungle cruise and went to Tiki Room where heaven started to open up big time again, luckily we were undercover. By the time we finished the rain eased up a bit but Jungle cruise was temporarily closed so went to The Pirates of the Caribbean instead. 

Went back to Jungle Cruise after that but it was still closed, so we walked back to Frontier Land for Splash Mountain. DS12 was mega disappointed as he didn't get wet, where DS6 was unhappy cos I told him it wasn't a scary ride... Lol. But he got on it and got picture to prove it thanks to Photopass Plus.

Last one was Haunted Mansion before we decided to leave it for the day as we were a bit behind the schedule for resting/swimming time. On the way out a cast member asked if we were okay with filling in a quick survey. Now, I liked to be helpful so said yes to this but regretted it after 15 minutes doing the survey, the whole survey took over 25 mins cos of the questions that they asked. Lessons learned, next time I should politely decline.

Got back to our hotel around 5.30pm where DOH opted to rest in the room where the boys and I went to swim.

Got back to our room around 7pm where we decided to order room service for the boys dinner (DOH and I were still full from our massive breakfast and snack on the park). The boys ordered cheeseburger each that cost $6 which was a good price, but by the time we added taxes, room service fee etc it came up as $21.10!!!! (extra $10)

Around 8.15 we took the boat to Epcot which was a nice perks of staying in the Swan/Dolphin for EMH. Got there in time for fireworks and light show which DS6 loved but I think he was exhausted cos no sleeping in the car this time. He kept stumbling while walking and there was not one single sound coming from him which was very unusual. 

We hired a pram aka stroller (for which the nice lady said no charge!) and he was asleep not long after. Went to United Kingdom area and had a look around before we went to the Space Earth where DOH and DS12 thought super boring. Looked around a few shops and decided to head back and had an early night as everyone was exhausted. It was midnight by the time we got back to our hotel.

All in all it was a fantastic magical day for us as for once DS6 didn't whine the whole way and more happier to go on ride. The lines were great as we hardly had to wait longer than 5 mins to go on any ride. Even if we had to wait normally it was a moving line.

Mission Day 4 - success!!!!!

Tomorrow is the Typhoon Lagoon day so hopefully we get to relax our now starting to ache feet! Follow by dinner at TRex Cafe

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
982 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live TR - Day 4 Magic Kingdom and Epcot - Plan vs Reality

Good luck tommorrow

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,985 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live TR - Day 4 Magic Kingdom and Epcot - Plan vs Reality

Can't believe your early night was midnight - you all need a stamina award.

Sounds like a great day, hope queues are like that in 3 weeks.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live TR - Day 4 Magic Kingdom and Epcot - Plan vs Reality

Wow you guys are just go, go, go!!!! Well done on another great day....glad it was a success for you :-)

I wouldn't usually call midnight an early night.....I have to agree with jobelly -you all need a stamina award!!! Lol.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,092 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live TR - Day 4 Magic Kingdom and Epcot - Plan vs Reality

The poor wee mite- how tiring all that fun is!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live TR - Day 4 Magic Kingdom and Epcot - Plan vs Reality

Great day again poor DS6 will be a foot smaller by the time he goes home :)) have a great day at TL :)

6. Re: Live TR - Day 4 Magic Kingdom and Epcot - Plan vs Reality

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 10:15