We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Mickey's Christmas Party worth the extra admission?

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
734 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Is Mickey's Christmas Party worth the extra admission?

We will be at Disney November 9-12 and are traveling with our nearly 4-year old son, as well as another family with a 4-year old daughter and a 3-month old infant. We are staying on property at a Disney resort and have the dining plan deal, as well as 4-day park-hopper passes.

Is the Magic Kingdom Christmas party worth the additional ticket cost? What I've read says the park closes earlier on those days to regular ticket holders, but with the Christmas Party admission, we can stay and enjoy smaller crowds late into the evening.

I think the kids can handle it - 4-year-olds are fine as long as they are entertained, and the baby sleeps anywhere. I'm not sure the adults have the stamina to stay out after a full day at the park.

My travel planner has changed her opinion every time I've asked her, but I know the Trip Advisor community will give me honest, real experiences and advice...And GO!

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Mickey's Christmas Party worth the extra admission?

We have been to the Christmas party many times, we love it. Loads of characters wandering around, hot chocolate & cookies for all. You will be there for the first few parties which always have very low crowds. IMO it's a must see. Sadly we're missing it this year but are going to the Halloween party for the first time, can't wait :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
982 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Mickey's Christmas Party worth the extra admission?

Its a great time. Both the Halloween Party and the Christmas Party are very fun. There are character dance parties at Diamond Horseshoe Salloon and in Tommorrowland. Many of the characters are dressed in their holiday attire and the special fireworks and parade is awesome. Its a great, unique experience - especially for young children. On several occasions, we scheduled the first night of our trip for a party ticket and by the time we check i at the hotel and have lunch / dinner, we head over to the party at 4PM so we usually don't use a regular park ticket on these days. Like USL said, there are unlimted hot chocolate and cookies at many stations to keep the kids going!

pa
Level Contributor
54,791 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Mickey's Christmas Party worth the extra admission?

We quite enjoy the MVMCP

I would modify your tickets, drop the Park Hopper and use the $ for the Party tickets. Each Park has plenty to fill a full day, not much point in "Hopping" IMHO

Going to the Party will give you 2 visits to the Magic Kingdom, which will come in handy with 4 year olds :)

You can enter the Magic Kingdom as early as 4pm with just your Party Ticket. We usually relax during the day, have fun at the Pool and take advantage of the Disney Resort Amenities and then head over to the Party at 4:00

www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/christmas_world.htm

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,962 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Mickey's Christmas Party worth the extra admission?

The parties are fun-Halloween,Dessert Buffet,Christmas-but I have never found them to be worth the extra charge which is pretty steep. You can buy a lot of cookies for the price and since you are going at a time with very low crowds,I don't see the advantage is making such a late night to get onto rides you will be able to get onto fairly easily during the day.We have much more fun going to different Disney resorts to see the gorgeous decorations and seeing the Osborne Lights at HS;less hassle and less cost. Save your money for something else IMHO

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
880 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Mickey's Christmas Party worth the extra admission?

Since it will be low crowds, I would wait to purchase your tickets after you arrive at DW and see if you still want to go. Once you buy your tickets your stuck since they are non refundable. Have a great time. Aloha

Minnesota
Level Contributor
338 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Mickey's Christmas Party worth the extra admission?

Waiting to purchase may be fine to see how your vacation/week pans out but will cost you more. You save $ by booking the tickets in advance.

We opted to purchase the tickets for our family and "paid" for them by skipping the park hopper option and removing a day from our WDW touring plans as the MVMCP is basically a day in the park since you can enter @ 4pm and it runs till midnight. It was basically a wash for us.

7. Re: Is Mickey's Christmas Party worth the extra admission?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 10:16