We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DTD check in

England
Level Contributor
315 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
DTD check in

Hi

Has anyone had experience of using the check in and bag drop at DTD and how long you had to wait. Was it busy or straight in and out? Never done this before and trying to work out our day after doing the bag drop here after allowing enough time. Hopefully aiming to get there for 8am.

CJ

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DTD check in

I understand that it opens from 8am to 1.0pm. Previous posters have said that the earlier you get there the better it is.

On the last day of my holiday I will be getting there just before they close!

Regards,

Deaconblue

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,960 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DTD check in

We usually get there about 11am

Have never waited longer than 5 mins I can honestly say there has never been a queue to speak of

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: DTD check in

We used it last year, got there when it opened and had to wait about 10 mins for them to set everything up. There was a couple of families in front of us but we were done and on our way by 8.30. Definitely worth doing saves a lot of time later at the airport.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DTD check in

if you get there early or later it is fine , if you get there about 9.30 -10 the queuse is quite long we have seen long queues as we are walking away after dropping our luggage

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,223 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DTD check in

Done it a few times and have always had a wait. We got there around 9.00 am.

London
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DTD check in

I used it last Thursday. Was there at 7-45am and had one family in front of us. Brilliant. Went for breakfast at Earl of Sandwich and then off to Hollywood Studios for the day :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,352 posts
1,840 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DTD check in

Get there early and we waited about 10 mins.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DTD check in

No line got there for 8.30 then straight to Typhoon Lagoon to enjoy the last day.

9. Re: DTD check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 10:16