We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

Morning - Typhoon Lagoon

Afternoon - Nap/Rest/Swimming

Night - Dinner at T-Rex cafe

So, today is the much awaited day as the boys loved water park/swimming. Only 6 months ago I had to force DS6 to go into his swimming classes as he was absolutely petrified of water, let alone put his face under water, luckily he outgrown that a few weeks before our holiday.

We had a bit of sleeping in after a long day we had yesterday, so we didn't get up until around 9.30pm. Went to Ponderosa for breakfast and got confused by their price system... LOL... Who invented those kind of pricing? He/she needs to be shot!!! Very very confusing.....

We got to TL around 11pm and the place wasn't full at all, we found 4 spots next to the wave pool as made it our base on the day. Hired a small locker to put our money in. I have one of those waterproof iPhone case so I can carry the phone around, highly recommended as it's handy to have (especially that we go snorkeling a lot)

All slides/rides were walked on, there was no line whatsoever except for the family raft thing. We spent half an hour waiting even though it said 5 mins wait from the beginning of the line!

We went round the lazy river twice as it was very relaxing and everyone was enjoying ourselves, surprising even whiney DS6. There wasn't any whining nor groaning coming from the boys (I thought DOH thought he was in heaven!!!!) 

Wave pool was also great as the park was not crowded at all and we had plenty of space to do whatever we wanted. DS6 loved the pool and it was quite funny to see him running/swimming for his life to the edge of the pool whenever he heard the big wave was coming... LOL 

We went 2 or 3 times on each slides (except family raft!) and as much as I loved the slides I hated those bloody steps! DS6 went on every single rides his height permitted and was a. It upset that he couldn't go on the crusher gusher (I thought I was dreaming, really never thought that this day would ever happened)

We had enough by around 3.30pm and left the park and headed to Walmart as we still needed costume for DOH. He decided he wanted to dress up as an army person cos he didn't fancy anything else on offer.

We then left Walmart and arrived at Downtown Disney around 5.30pm for our dinner reservation at 6.15pm. DS6 started his little whine by now as he was hungry. It was 6.30pm by the time we sat down. Both boys ordered lasagna which DS12loved, DS6 ate half which was better than. One. Both OH and I ordered boneyard buffet which was massive! Loved the ribs as it was nice and tender (the boys ate some of mine where DOH ate his whole serve of ribs and had some chicken left over. Chicken wasn't too bad either although there was no way I can eat the whole lot. 

After dinner we had a look around downtown Disney and went to the Disney quest which was like heaven to the boys. It was the arcade without the extra cost cos everything is free! I think the admission fee is $44 but we got it for free with our tickets and there were a few small rides in it too. We tried the water raft thing that gave me headache, DS12 and DOH went on the Aladdin one which they said not worth going cos it's weird. We spent around 2/3 hours there and finally headed back around 10.30pm. 

DS6 loves Phineas and Ferb so we stopped by  Phineas and Ferb and You area on our way back and had fun there. It was an interactive game where they put a big screen with Phineas and Ferb in it and you can see yourself in the screen next to them. They had a few different games and we got the duck dance. DS6 and I did it and got the picture take. In the end.

Hot to the hotel around 11pm and the keys went straight to bed as I wanted to get up nice and early for rope drop at HS so DS6 can go to the Jedi Academy, DOH and I sat outside in the balcony having a few drinks enjoying the peace and quiet til around 1am.

We had a fantastic day at TL with no whining and groaning involved. It was a nice way to relax after such a few days of madness. I think I should get a pat in the back for planning the whole schedule nicely..... LOL

Mission Day 5 - Accomplished!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

Sounds like an excellent day!!!! Sitting on the balcony with a few adult beverages must be heaven at the end of the days :-)

How long are you guys there for?

Really enjoying your TRs!!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

yaaay you did an accomplished day,kids sound like they really enjoyed themselves! xx

Level Contributor
3,030 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

Sounds a lovely day, will have to try the ribs.

Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

I love your trip reports - hope you get DS6 into the Jedi academy - cant wait to read about it. Cheers x

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,767 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

Yea mission accomplished - result

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

Sounds like a really good day at TL & DtD.

Glad you all had a good time. :0)

Level Contributor
5,170 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

Great relaxing day, T rex food sounded nice, did the boys enjoy the decor in there ? Glad your itinerary is still on track :))

Level Contributor
400 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

Loving the TRs. Looking forward to day 6!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

CheshireBurt - funnily enough both boys didn't think much of the decor. I think my boys are hard to please!! They enjoyed the meal and the cool restaurant decor but didn't really wow them, I think.

I am still happy to take them back again as I think the food price is reasonable compare to the one we have at home. We all enjoyed the food.

10. Re: Live TR - Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon - Plan vs Reality

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2013, 10:16