We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live TR - Day 6 Shopping day and MNSSHP  - Plan vs Reality

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Live TR - Day 6 Shopping day and MNSSHP  - Plan vs Reality

Plan:

Morning - Shopping

Afternoon - Nap/Rest/Swimming

Night - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Reality:

Well, since we've done a bit of shopping during the stormy Tuesday, I thought it would be a good idea to have an early start and headed up to Hollywood Studios instead to see if we could put DS6into the Jedi Academy.

Woke up quite a bit early (7.30am) as we planned to have a quick breakfast at hotel then straight to HS at rope drop. We managed to be at the front of the line for rope drop and left DOH there while the boys and I did the autograph hunting and some photos taken with Togger and Eeyore, Donald and Daisy and Stitch.

Once the rope was dropped we split, DOH and DS12 went to Aerosmith Roller Coaster which DS12 loved where DS6 and I ran to the studio for Jedi Training. We got there in time along with some other crazy mums who ran for their lives to enroll their little wee mites (I am still marvel at things we do for our kids..... ) DS6 got the second session... HOOOORRRRAAAYYYY.....

So, DS6 and I stayed in the area for more photos opportunity where DS12 and DOH had another go at ToT and took an FP for me and DS12 to go back to Roller coaster later.

DS6 loved the Jedi training and felt like he was a real Jedi cos they gave him the certificate at the end of the training. 

I went back to roller coaster then it was time for one of my favourite show ever, Beauty and the Beast. We got fairly close to the stage which was good (not sure if anyone remembered but I am 5'1 and I always had issue at shows where tall people always sat in front of me)

After the show we went to the Indiana Jones show where DS6 surprisingly said he wanted to go back to the Star Tours, so we took an FP for that. We got a nice surprise when we got in as we got a different ride that what we had when we went there on Monday. By the time we finished Star Tours it was 2pm already cos we also stopped around 12pm for a quick lunch. I tried those massive Turkey Legs that I kept seeing people eating and it was actually quite tasty although DOH thought it tasted like ham.

Since we were going to MNSSHP at night time we weren't planning to stay long at HS and would head back around 2pm so the boys could have a rest while DOH and I planned to have a quick trip to Walmart/Kmart/Target to find him his costume.

Got back to our hotel and I had booked a nanny to keep an eye on them. I told the boys they needed to have a rest and be ready to trick or treating til midnight so they'd better go to sleep for a few hours. Boys went to sleep straight away.

Went to the Super Kmart not too far away from our hotel and DOH finally found the army costume he wanted, took the opportunity of peace and quiet shopping without the boys and bought a few things at Kmart. We found $5 off purchase over $50 for Kmart at one of the coupon books and we split the purchase into 4 separate lot so we got $20 discount on our shopping.

By the time we got back to our hotel, it was around 5.30pm and the boys were still asleep. DOH was also exhausted so he went to sleep while I started writing my TR. he was still sound asleep by 6.30 so I thought I left him sleeping a bit longer as we had done most of the rides at MK and not really looking into rides on the night but more into trick or treat experience, parade and fireworks.

I finally woke everyone at 7pm and got ready and left the hotel sound 7.30. Unfortunately it was raining quite heavily when we left. It was still we when we got to MK and they cancelled the 8.15pm parade cos of it. Now, I understood the need of canceling a parade when it's raining but was pretty annoyed that they didn't notify us until 8.20-ish and we were soaked to the bone by then waiting around.

Of course Ds6 started his whining which annoyed DOH a lot. DS6 hated water on his face/eyes (although I think DS6 hated everything anyway.... LOL) so he moaned about having his face wet, itchy all over cos of his wet costume, hungry, you name it... He whined about everything. DS12 wanted to go on Space Mountain with me so I took him there while DS6 stayed with DOH (I was kinda nervous one of them won't survive the wait but luckily the wait was only 5 mins). DOH Note: I bought him a hot dog meal while we waited but of course he didn't like any of it. Lol.

By the time we finished space mountain, the rain eased up a bit and we were able to walked around without our ponchos and got a few picture taken on the night. We spent 2-3 hours trick and treating and sometimes we queued back into the line as they only gave us a small amount of candies/lollies each time.

We called it the night at around 11pm cos we were all exhausted by then and DS6 complained that his feet were broken...... Lol 

We were also sick of eating lollies by then (literally) and we had an early breakfast reservation (8am) at Crystal Palace the following day so really need to have an early night.

By the time the boys had shower etc it was midnight already.... DOH went straight to sleep as soon as his head touched the pillow.

All in all a very successful day and I was glad the boys had at least 4-5 hours sleep cos they needed that before MNSSHP. 

Really enjoyed the parade and the funky fireworks, not sure about trick and treat cos I think they need to be a bit more generous in distributing the candies. On one of the station DOH only got 2-3 items being put in to his bag. Line moved in quite quickly so it's not a hassle to get back in to the line and went again.

Mission Day 6- accomplished !!!!! Although a slight adjustment had to be made to the plan.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,216 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live TR - Day 6 Shopping day and MNSSHP  - Plan vs Reality

Kids you've got to love 'em lol

Your energy seems to be lasting well done

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live TR - Day 6 Shopping day and MNSSHP  - Plan vs Reality

Can I ask what company you used for a nanny?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live TR - Day 6 Shopping day and MNSSHP  - Plan vs Reality

Sounds like another successful day :-) Good on you guys!!!

I wish I had half your energy!!!! Enjoy the rest of ypu holiday and thanks for sharing it with us.

AJ

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
982 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live TR - Day 6 Shopping day and MNSSHP  - Plan vs Reality

Trip - We used FairyGodmothers on a trip in 2006 when my oldest son was 12 and the otheres were 7 and 5. It worked out well.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live TR - Day 6 Shopping day and MNSSHP  - Plan vs Reality

Another great full day, I think your DS6 is doing very well :) Did you see the seven dwarfs at the Halloween party ? I read one tr and this person had collected 5kg of sweets !! Looking forward to more :)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
340 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live TR - Day 6 Shopping day and MNSSHP  - Plan vs Reality

You are having very tiring, fun, exhausting, excellent days.

Well done, caffeine?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live TR - Day 6 Shopping day and MNSSHP  - Plan vs Reality

Trip - I used a company called, all-about-kids. It was advertised on the Disney Swan and Dolphin websites so they must have been good place to go.

The nanny I hired during the day took the boys to the swimming pool and spent the whole time with them in the water so they boys didn't get bored.

8. Re: Live TR - Day 6 Shopping day and MNSSHP  - Plan vs Reality

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 10:15