We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US equivalent of Flora light spread

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
US equivalent of Flora light spread

I always use Flora light or extra light at home (wouldn't think it from my size), but I wonder if anyone knows of the nearest US equivalent. I have tried Kraft etc but they are all yuk. I'm not a butter eater either, just need something for my toast that doesn't resemble lard.

He-who-must-be-fed has flora on toast, bagels, sarnies etc and always has a moan because whatever we buy doesn't suit him. Hence help is required. Sad, I know!

Regards,

Deaconblue

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,664 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US equivalent of Flora light spread

There is something like "I can't believe it's not "

Butter" I seem to remember

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US equivalent of Flora light spread

Promise margarine is the one you are looking for. Garden grocer has it.

Becel is a brand of margarine produced by Unilever and sold in a number of countries, including Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, and Turkey. In the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Poland, Czech Republic, Australia and New Zealand the product is sold under the name Flora, in France as Fruit d'Or and in the United States as Promise.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US equivalent of Flora light spread

Thanks for the info. I will try and get one of those to appease the master, ha ha! I hope he doesn't get confused when I tell him I am going for some Promise.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US equivalent of Flora light spread

Seriously I can"t believe you are asking this on the forum.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US equivalent of Flora light spread

Why not? People ask where they can buy all sorts of strange things. I am only asking for a US equivalent for something. I can't see where the problem is.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US equivalent of Flora light spread

Sorry but I can't believe people are asking about butter I thought this forum was to ask about Hotels, shuttles, tickets etc butter maybe not so much. I could probably go on holiday for a few weeks without stressing out about butter. No offence meant but seriously?????

Edited: 23 September 2012, 19:27
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: US equivalent of Flora light spread

It's actually margarine

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: US equivalent of Flora light spread

We have had posts on here asking how many coat hangers are at Disney and how many bottles of Magners are there in Florida. Personally I don't care what people ask. So yes, the question was serious.

If all posts were just about the things you mention the forum would be boring.

It wasn't a life or death question either, just a light hearted one! Haven eaten my toast with the yukky stuff on it I just thought I'd ask for an alternative. No offence taken.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: US equivalent of Flora light spread

I understand that Deaconblue but I seriously thought you were past asking questions like this, you have been so many time I thought you were past asking inane questions about butter and such>>>.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,664 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: US equivalent of Flora light spread

This post is spread a bit thin now haha