We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Art of Animation/Lion King - Internet Access

Nashville
Level Contributor
128 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Art of Animation/Lion King - Internet Access

Staying at AoA-Lion King Suites next week.

Have read that there is "free internet access", but seems like this is referring to "public" areas. What exactly does this mean ?

Is there free Internet access in our suite ? Is it "wifi" (didn't see anything indicating this) ? Or is it "public" areas, such as a lobby or food court area ? Appreciate any insight/guidance. Did try doing "search" here, but couldn't find current answers.

And yes, I can call Disney, but was on hold 10 mins there and gave up.

Thanks.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Art of Animation/Lion King - Internet Access

I can't speak specifically for AoA, but at the other resorts there is now free WiFi that, at least in theory, reaches into the rooms. Our experience is that the connection in the rooms (or even in different places in the rooms) can be iffy, which can make things slow. I'm sure that depends on how far you are from the WiFi transmitter and how many people are trying to use it at any specific time. If you are having any connection issues and have something that you absolutely need to do online, the WiFi connection is the public areas is generally stronger and more consistent.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Art of Animation/Lion King - Internet Access

jsmla is there at the moment and said the wifi in the room is really slow. Kendallsmom was there a couple of weeks ago and said it was fast lol

So as Gleece said it depends how far away from the transmitter you are as to how fast or slow it will be.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Art of Animation/Lion King - Internet Access

Hi hoyvenon - Yes there is frre WiFi in the rooms at AoA Resort. We stayed there in June in the Cars section and it was fine. There are directions in your room on how to hook into it.

Nashville
Level Contributor
128 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Art of Animation/Lion King - Internet Access

Thanks to all.......guess it's all location, location, location !

Anyhow, it's peripheral to the real reason for being there - VACATION (and going into debt!).

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Art of Animation/Lion King - Internet Access

I heard a few people trying to access on laptops having issue, i used a tablet....not sure if that matters or not!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,018 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Art of Animation/Lion King - Internet Access

It's been much faster in the early AM than later. I had the most trouble near the LMM pool 9-10 AM and in my room in the early evenings. No problems at 5:30 AM!

I'm on an IPad :-)

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Art of Animation/Lion King - Internet Access

Maybe busy times? I was always on after 11:30 pm when we finally made it back to our room!

8. Re: Disney Art of Animation/Lion King - Internet Access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 17:18