We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex basildon
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

Thinking of ideas for going to florida, and trying to do it as cheap as possible?! Parks,spending, flight etc aside.

What can you possibly do cheaper Villa or a hotel?

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

Depends - if there are 6 adults in a villa then the total cost is split which makes it relatively inexpensive if booked independently

However if booked through an agent then you have to pay per person not per villa.

But a family in a villa will not be splitting the cost

We are a couple who book a villa independantly as its what we like to do as I have said many times 3 weeks in a hotel is not for us for cost doesn't enter into it as we wouldn't go on holiday if we couldn't afford it

Edited: 08 October 2012, 17:32
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,831 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

Villa is cheapest for families and larger parties as you can all fit in one. But it won't be cheaper than the cheapest room for 2 on Idrive.

But it will be cheaper over all once you take into acct all you can save on food costs (as you wont' have to buy every meal out, and can save and reheat leftovers and takeout). This is if you will rent a car anyway.

Cheapest car is to rent one yourself thru a UK broker. Look at travelsupermarket.com.

Cheapest park tickets is to restirct yourself to one park group. Cheapest discounted tickets are at Undercovertourist.com unless you are picking up a deal straight from the park website.

Flights, again travelsupermarket.com or kayak.com. Booking a scheduled airline is cheapest during one of their sales. Travelling ourside the shcool holidays when youc an saves the most overall.

And if you use topcashback, you can save even more.

kent
Level Contributor
184 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

As an ex villa owner for many years Villas are cheaper if you fill it and split the cost.. Also with my other hat as a TA on travel agents like myself sell them per villa not per person. So we can normally get 3 bed villa off peak times from around £350 a week. But hotels they vary from around £125 per week per room on I drive.

You can infact stay at I drive and not need a car as majority of hotels offer shuttle transfer. So a saving there.

We discount disney tickets so cheaper than disney themselves. But they have just finished the offer of 14 days for price of seven for this year as by law they have to sell it at the 14 day price for so many weeks of the year by american law. (just had email from our HQ all about it) but they are offering it for next year.

Also depends what theme parks you want to visit there are ways of saving money big time there.

Or sometimes there are package deals on depending on how many people travelling.

Cheapest times are Nov/early Dec and Jan/Feb (outside kids holidays) Flight prices have a hike all holiday times and noticability a hike from May.

Kim

newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

With villas comes the need for care hire. (go were you want when you want)

Own private pool , no adjoining neighbours, space to chill out.

Depending on area you choose for hotel you can use public transport (tide down to bus schedules, waiting around in all weathers, safe a fortune but lose a lot of time) sharing the pool with others, being disturb by others in your hotel at various hours, cramped in a small room / apartment for two weeks.

Me personally I would save a bit longer and go the comfort route just MO.

Granddad

motherwell
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

I have done it both ways and I prefer the villa option and there is only 2 of us, when I priced last year with a travel agent it was £2300 for hotel, flights and car hire(would have had extra to pay for car when we got there) independently we were £2100 and that was 2 weeks in a villa in Esprit, Flights and full car hire with gold service, the other saving was food, in a hotel you tend to each out every meal where in a villa if you just want a snack meal or take out it works out way less cheaper, we still had meals out when we fancied them but had most breakfasts in the villa and some takeaway in the evening with a few drinks.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,308 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

It depends on how many people you have. Hotel bargains abound in Orlando so if its just 2 of you,then a hotel would be cheaper. We usually get a suite hotel;Staybridge suites LBV,Embassy suites LBV,Residence Inn LBV,Springhill suites LBV. all include breakfast and some kitchen facilities and we do not need a villa for 4 of us.

London
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

2 of us have just booked for Floridays in a 2 bedroom villa ( we like the space!) also means we have a full kitchen/Laundry and a bathroom each too. We always have breakfast in the room which saves time and money and also have facilities to store things in the fridge and freezer too.

It would be tough to go back to just a hotel room now and the location is great for us.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

We have booked a two bed townhouse with hot tub at Encantada for £449 for 10 nights if that helps with your comparisons. We also have three nights booked at POFQ. When we originally decided to go I looked at booking 13 nights at Rosen Inn at the Point. The price for that was £425 with Travel Republic. I saw the hotel in May and decided it was not for me, so went down the alternative route.

There are only two of us but I prefer a villa/townhouse. However I have to say that I spent a week at the Royal Pacific hotel (2010) and it was fabulous. It did still very cramped in one room though compared to a villa.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Anabella
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

You can also rent a condo, that will be cheaper than a villa, resorts like Windsor Hills have excelent amenities! try the web where owners list their properties: WindsorHillsRent.com

10. Re: Villa vs Hotel. What can you do the cheapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 19:17