We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Resorts

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DR9
Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Resorts

We are staying at the Carribean Resort, are we allowed to visit other resorts and use their facilities (pools, water slides)?

We have travelling with friends who are staying off site. Would they be allowed to use the pool, transportation to get to a park??

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Resorts

Groundhog day....

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Resorts

Answer to both is No

pa
Level Contributor
53,704 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Resorts

Using pools at other Resorts, no

Off site Guests using the pool at your Resort, no

Visiting other Resorts, yes

Using Disney Transportation, yes

Maine
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Resorts

To expand on the transportation question.

Yes they can use Disney Transportation......

No they cannot park all day at your resort while visiting a park.

I believe visitors can park at a resort for 3hrs and after that are subject to towing.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Resorts

No pool hopping and no non guests are allowed to use your pool, afterall they haven't paid for the facilities, why should paying guests subsidise someone who hasn't paid?. AS soxfan said if they leave their car for more than 3 hours they are likely to find it towed.

If they want to avoid the $14 parking fee and use the resort pools maybe they should consider booking in to the Caribbean.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,271 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Resorts

No and no. Pools at Disney resorts are for the use of the hotel guests only;no pool hopping and no having friends use the resort pool.Rules are posted on huge signs and they do check keys sometimes. People pay a premium to stay at a Disney resort and they are entitled to exclusive use of the amenities at their resort

DR9
Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Resorts

Thanks for the replies.

USLOVER - Was just asking a question, thought that was what these forums are about. Booking the Carribean isnt an option for them, the original question was simply to find out whether we are going to have to leave the resort to visit them or if they could meet us and travel to the theme parks with us and hang out with us on our off days.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Resorts

I was just answering.

DR9
Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Resorts

Actually your wrong, your comment below did not answer any of my questions.

"If they want to avoid the $14 parking fee and use the resort pools maybe they should consider booking in to the Caribbean."

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Resorts

Well if they were parking up at the Caribbean using & transport to the parks they would be avoiding the $14 parking fee, that is how I read it. Apologies if I read it incorrectly.