We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire Whilst at Disney

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire Whilst at Disney

Hi

We are arriving December 24th into MCO and staying at the Grand Floridian for 3 nights. We will get the magical express to the hotel.

We are then travelling down to Naples for 6 nights before returning back up to Orlando for a couple of days shopping and flying home from MCO.

My questions is this. Do I get the magical express back to airport from the Grand Floridian and pick the car up from there or pick it up from the car care centre or one of the Downtown Disney hotels?

I have previously picked up from a hotel but the car wasn't available / had a puncture. we ended up having to wait for another to be delivered and that one wasn't in great shape.

I have had a quick look at the Disney Car Centre and understand that I can get a shuttle, but the only company that offered rental was Alamo and it was over £200 more expensive than picking up from the airport.

Can anyone help with ideas, websites or experiences please.

Thanks in advance.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,461 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire Whilst at Disney

I am doing something similar. We are getting the Magical Express to POFQ and on our thrird day I am picking up a car from the Disney Car Care Centre via shuttle.

Have you tried www.tripwheels.com as they were much cheaper than anyone else (for our dates). We have rented for 11 nights. I have paid £257 for a four door compact. We are returning it to MCO. Going back to the airport to collect was way more expensive.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Edited: 17 October 2012, 16:44
UK
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire Whilst at Disney

Thanks that's a great website.

3. Re: Car Hire Whilst at Disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2013, 09:16