We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot Wine and Food Festival

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westchester, NY
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Epcot Wine and Food Festival

Am going to Orlando the first week of November. It's the last week of the Wine and Food Festival. Already have tickets - 4 days of Disney. Any recommendations on what to do/not do regarding the Food Festival?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot Wine and Food Festival

Do - take money! We pretty easily spend about $100 on 2. Put the money on a gift card so you don't have to worry about cash/change.

Westchester, NY
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot Wine and Food Festival

Are credit cards advisable, or, do you mean cash only?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot Wine and Food Festival

No, they take credit cards and cash too, but with credit cards you'll end up with a bazillion separate charges on your bill (and not sure if they make you sign too which would be a hassle...some places in town don't if it is below a certain amount...but I want to say they do...) With cash you could too easily drop it pulling it out so much and the change both bills and coins would be annoying. We've been using the gift card method for years. You put on the cash you want and can budget. It is swiped like a credit card but without signing and deducts off the card with the remaining balance printed on the receipt so you can keep up with sampling/spending decisions.

Edited: 17 October 2012, 22:31
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot Wine and Food Festival

Check out who is appearing at the Eat ot the Beat Concert series, and check out acts you like:

…go.com/parks/…

Some of these acts aren't very good, but I would definitely be at the 38 Special show if I were at WDW on 11/1 or 11/2.

Edited: 17 October 2012, 23:45
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,277 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot Wine and Food Festival

If possible, avoid going on the weekends. It's the busiest time for Food and Wine. I was there this past week and the weekend was at least twice, if not three times, as crowded as during the week.

Donna

Westchester, NY
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot Wine and Food Festival

thanks for this tip! I was actually thinking of heading over on Saturday Nov. 3rd, but I'll wait until later in the week.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,126 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot Wine and Food Festival

yes, avoid the weekend if possible

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Epcot Wine and Food Festival

Definitely buy a gift card , as 1031 advised, when you arrive, and use that for your purchases, much easier than rifling around looking for cash or signing for credit everytime you use a CC.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Epcot Wine and Food Festival

personally, i use my credit card all the time there. i cant remember a time when my gf or I ever had to sign the slip (and we usually would purchase a drink for each of us and perhaps some food, too). yes, the slips can be annoying, but you can always throw them out.

i would recommend bringing water too. between eating and drinking alcohol (and perhaps even a hot sun), bringing your own water will save you a few bucks and time.

Also, try not to have a "whole" sample at each vendor. Unless your appetite is gigantic... youll be full before the halfway point. Share, share, share!

Westbury, New York
Level Contributor
701 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Epcot Wine and Food Festival

I believe they sell gift cards that you can put money on at some of the park kiosks. Also don't worry so much about the weekend crowds. We were there last weekend, went on Friday, and Sunday. Yes there were a lot of people but its not like you are waiting to get on a ride. You are waiting to get a drink or a bite. I often found that I needed a little wait time to finish the drink I still had - ha. Also, no problem finding a spot to view the freworks. It was a blast. Next time I'm at Epcot it is going to seem so empty without the extra countries.