We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dronninglund...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

We're spending 3 or 4 days in Orlando in mid November, and we're hoping that 1 day in WDW would do... What should we choose? I'm thinking MK, we're travelling from Denmark, and the castle ++ IS Disney World for most Danes.

But can we do one more park? And which one? We'll probably only want to try a few of the big rides, and we don't have kids. We'll be fine eating on the go if the restaurants are busy...

Thanks,

M&M.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

If you have never been before then there will be plenty to see & do at the Magic Kingdom alone. If you do want to park hop you could go over to EPCOT for a wander round the world showcase & Illuminations, but personally I would stick to the Magic Kingdom.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,050 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

Some people like to hop, but we rarely do it. There is plenty to keep you busy in one park for a full day. Honestly, I'd probably stick with just MK. If you are going in mid-November you could consider a Christmas party night. Tickets are less expensive than a 1 day ticket and that might allow you to better see two Disney parks by doing something earlier that day, or better, on a different day.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,488 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

I'm a veteran visitor and do park hop some, but never on a Magic Kingdom day.

Magic Kingdom has plenty and more to fill a full day, plus with the crowds it draws, you'll need the entire day just to manage the que lines.

Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

Absolutely you can do two parks in a day-start early at the MK and you can get a big chunk of it done by 3 in the afternoon-then I would go to HS and ride the "big rides" there. and if you are going to park hop,make an ADR at Epcot and have a late dinner there.Of course,it depends on when in November you are going but we have never found a whole day at the MK to be preferable to hopping-even when our children were small.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

I agree that you should not try to hop if you have never been to MK before. That is especially true since new things keep opening up there all of the time. If you do try to hop against everyone's advice, the best option would be Epcot, as indicated above, as you can take the monorail there from MK.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

Oh my goodness. If you're a first timer,you'll need the whole day to see magic Kingdom. You'll understand this,when you get there. The park is huge,and tou will spend lots of time,just standing in line,and looking around in awe. I'd say..just stay for the day,and soak it all in.

Enjoy!!

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

While I certainly agree that there is enough at Magic Kingdom to keep a first timer busy for an entire day, if you are considering taking in a second park, even briefly, then since you are going in mid-November I would recommend Hollywood Studios. The Osbourne Family Lights will be operating, and they are spectacular.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

If you want to fit in a second park, make it epcot.

Lots to see and do. I'd go to Epcot early in the morning to beat the crowd, lots of good food options in the countries, and MK late afternoon so you can enjoy the parade and fireworks show.

20+ years of it and my wife and I still love it.

Make sure you go on Soarin.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

You can visit 2 parks in a day, but you will miss out on a lot. Disney is much more than just the rides. It will also cost you $35 to add the Park Hopper option. My strong suggestion is to stick to one park and truly enjoy yourselves.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magic Kingdom and one more park in one day??

Sudlow is probably right.

Our quick trip is usually for 3 days.