We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Australia???? Nah florida!!

wigan
Level Contributor
3,551 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Australia???? Nah florida!!

Hi all been soooo depressed since coming back.two weeks ago...had the best time ever!!

I'm supposed to be on the Australia forum now as I'd planned on visiting family again...but I just can't stop thinking about Florida and POR.the wonderful hotel we stayed in.

AAAAAGHHH!!!! What to do? What to do?????

Marish

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Australia???? Nah florida!!

Florida and get family to join you :-)

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
397 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Australia???? Nah florida!!

Oh what a dilemma! One beautiful part of the world or another ;).

I'm a little biased but I think the Golc Coast is awesome but I haven't been to Florida yet either.

Previous poster has a great idea, why not ask if your family wld be interested in meeting you in Florida? They might jump at the chance of a magnificent holiday with a built in tour guide !!

Good luck

newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Australia???? Nah florida!!

Yea how about your family flying over to FL for a get together, ???

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,603 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Australia???? Nah florida!!

I would kill to go to Australia Marish

It would be a once in a lifetime holiday for us -maybe one day

wigan
Level Contributor
3,551 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Australia???? Nah florida!!

Thanks guys very good idea..my family live right next to the gold coast. It is very beautiful! Would absolutely be mortified at telling them I'm not going as I know they are looking forward to us going....but feel Id love to

see them, but would just miss Disney soooo much...would love them to come to Disney however I have a few families in Australia and I don't.think they could all afford.it...will hint for them to meet me in Florida but have a feeling it will be a no no...just because of pricing from Australia..My hubby and son say they want to go back to Florida but I feel I should go back to Australia.....its just not Florida....there's a reason I keep coming back on this forum right????

Marish

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Australia???? Nah florida!!

Keep going Marish, you'll soon have convinced yourself, lol ;-)

wigan
Level Contributor
3,551 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Australia???? Nah florida!!

Hee hee shirl...you know me too well.lol

Marish

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Australia???? Nah florida!!

come on down under,you will always have movie world and sea world to go to...Now as much i love florida,im sorry to say QLD is better,sure it doesnt have disney but it has some amazing things to do..Us aussie like to flock to QLD as its very popular and so many people want to live there,beaches,climate and laid back are the main reasons...very pretty places

And you know we have some of the best beaches in the world,

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
397 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Australia???? Nah florida!!

You know what Marish, I really think you should put it out there to them and ask them if they would be interested. I think I remember reading that you're not going to Aus til 2014. Is that right? If you ask soon that gives them plenty of time to save and the worst they can say is no! They might surprise you. And then you'll know rather than torturing yourself for the next two years

Go for it I wreckon. Good luck!

Edinburgh Scotland
Level Contributor
883 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Australia???? Nah florida!!

No contest got to be Australia