We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Tip-Hotel bookings-free cancellation & hotel websites

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Tip-Hotel bookings-free cancellation & hotel websites

The great thing about free cancellation when making a hotel booking is that you can change your mind about the reservation and cancel normally up to 24 hours in advance of your arrival without penalty.

This means you can keep checking hotel comparison sites and if you see a great deal, which I love and I suppose most people do, then you are able to take up that offer and lose nothing.

Comparison websites must hate me because since I made my original hotel booking on 2 September I have made three bookings, made two price comparison claims (successfully) and then cancelled three hotel bookings. (Thus causing my credit card company a huge headache.)

I originally wanted to stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Convention Center on Universal Boulevard for our stay from 23 March to 9 April 2013 (we stayed here in 2010 and loved it - got a special offer price with British Airways at £510 for a 17 night stay). When I looked at the beginning of September prices were coming in at around £1300 on all comparison and the hotel website.

When I checked with the hotel website today I've got a 2 double bedded studio for £760 inclusive :D (£540 difference from the beginning of September to mid October). Most booking websites are quoting just over £1000!

So for anyone trying to keep their holiday budget down it's definitely worth checking hotel and price comparison websites for special offers which can save you $$$$ which means more to spend whilst on holiday.

Hope this helps - Puddle x

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Tip-Hotel bookings-free cancellation & hotel websites

Another budget choice probably for short term DWD stays is Clarion Suites - Maingate, just outside World Dr. On Rt. 192. We got a double queen size room, in room microwave and fridge, nice pool, includes breakfast with good coffee, and cold and hot options, plus coupons for beverages and late check out on eversave.com, as well as coupons available at tourist information centers on I95 or other locations. Also second timers get discount. Ended up $65 a night for a few nights including taxes. Only 10 minutes from MK, 5 minutes from AK. This may not be everyone's choice or idea of an Orlando stay, but it was a two and half star place which was close to other places to eat, etc.

2. Re: Budget Tip-Hotel bookings-free cancellation & hotel websites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2013, 09:16