We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indoor Pools

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shillington...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Indoor Pools

Hi. I will be at a convention at the Swan and Dolphin in mid January. I was wondering if there are any Disny hotels with an indoor pool since it is too cold for outdoors at that time of the year?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indoor Pools

No, they don't have indoor pools, plus you can't go pool hopping between hotels (and the Swan and Dolphin are not owned by Disney).

Shillington...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Indoor Pools

I thought the Swan and Dolphin were owned by Disney since they show up as a Disney Deluxe hotel. Also, while the convention was at the S&D, I was considering nearby hotels that might be less expensive and just use the shuttles to go between them. But, I guess that doesn't matter if none of the hotels have an indoor pool.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,027 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Indoor Pools

They will be heated though. And I think Swan Dolphin have like 4 hot tubs. Weather in January can range from high in the high 70s even into 80s and lows into the 30s even into the 20s if a particularly cold front. These are not sustained highs and lows. But you could have pretty mild weather suitable for swimming in a heated pool. It's the getting out that can be nippy. The water itself will probably feel nice even if it is cold out.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,027 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Indoor Pools

Swan Dolphin are Starwood Hotels. THey are on Disney property, have several of the Disney benefits, but are not Disney owned/operated. Closest hotel with an indoor pool I can think of is Marriott World Center

Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indoor Pools

You can pool hop between the Swan and Dolphin;the pool are heated so as long as you have plenty of nearby towels,swimming should be fine. they are not Disney hotels and do not have most Disney amenities such as the ME or the dining plan. Disney resorts do not allow people to pool hop between resorts in any case;you are only allowed to use the pool at your own hotel. Embassu Suites LBV has an indoor/outdoor pool. and is pretty nearby and a good palce to stay

Shillington...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Indoor Pools

So, if they are not Disney hotels would I be able to use the Disney buses and boats to get between the hotel and other disney properties like Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney, etc.?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indoor Pools

Yes, anyone can use the WDW buses, even those who aren't staying on-site.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indoor Pools

Yes, the Swan and Dolphin are part of the internal Disney transportation system. They have bus service, and they have a stop on the boat route between Hollywood Studios and Epcot, but they are not included in Disney's Magical Express transportation to and from the Orlando airport.

9. Re: Indoor Pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 10:16