We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

Went to EPCOT last night, didn't realise WL shared a bus with Fort Wilderness so it took a little longer than anticipated. EPCOT was quite busy, we went "up the ball" no queue for that, then wandered straight over to the World Showcase. We put some money on a gift card, saves a lot of time when paying.

Started at the Caribbean I had a Baccardi Cherry Limeade & DH had a Dragon Berry Colada, well it ended up I had a Dragon Berry Colada as I wasn't fussed on the other one so we swapped. DH will drink anything, unlike my good self !

Next stop Italy (didn't really fancy anything in between) i had the ravioli (yummy) and a glass of Pinot Grigio, DH had Salsiccia which was a sausage thing with veg (he said it was nice, but tbh that doesn't mean a lot, remember what he ate on the plane? )& a glass of Chianti.

Stopped by the theatre to watch the Pointer Sisters who were very good.

Singapore, DH had a Tiger Beer & I had a Singapore Sling which nearly blew my head off!! It was pretty rank!

France (to wash away the taste of the Singapore Sling, a Grand Marnier Slush, the first of many this trip""

Ireland, Lobster Fishermans pie for us both, so good..

DH wanted the Cheese Soup in Canada but the queue was huge so huge we gave it a miss.

Desserts & Champagne, DH had the Trio of Desserts, again he said they were lovely and I had a glass of Moet Rose.

Back over to Italy for Illuminations, a glass of Pinot Grigio from the Italian shop and I was is heaven. I love Illuminations. A super night.

Bus back to WL was pain free, didn't have to wait at all it pulled up just as we got to the stop.

Now for anyone heading out while the F & D festival is still on, if you are on the Dining Plan save you snack credits for here. there are some great things to get as snacks.

Crackerbarrel for breakfast today followed by DTD followed by MNSSHP tonight.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

I LOVE the food (and drink) tasting at Epcot it's so cosmopolitan darling!!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

Another good one USL. Still trying to drink the state dry, well you'll soon have reinforcements, Trolli's arrived and Marion is packing;-)

Have a good time at MNSSHP tonight :-)

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,882 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

No shots at the tequila bar? lol

I'm planning on going over there this weekend. I'm glad you had a good time. I might be with you on the Limeade. Plain, fresh lime and a little bit of Bacardi, fine. If you are going to make it sweet, I prefer a lots of mint and club soda.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

Lol at title post :) Glad you both had a good time around the World,sounded delish, think Kooky was there too !

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

I wish I could drink around the world like that, I am out of practice. Great report!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,002 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

I want photos of the food people are having!

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

Well done, USL, great TR. Looking forward to hearing about DTD and MNSSHP. Have a ball :)

A x

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

Oooh, can't wait. It bucketed down all night on our F&W evening. On our last day F&W was all I could think of while desperately trying to spend our leftover snack credits on crap at the resort :-(

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

Wow you really like watching from Italy to make two laps 'round! Or did you take the boat? or mix Red Bull in your Moet?!? Very unlazy of you.

I've seen a lot of people comment on the Ireland Fisherman's Pie. I've always wanted to try it, but never have. Finally bit the bullet this year and wish I hadn't. Not sure if I got a bad scoop or what, but it was simply expensive mashed potatoes. There was hardly anything remotely lobster or seafood like about it. Won't be doing that again. Wish I had that 6 bucks back. I could have gotten another beer!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR 3 (warning may contain "same old same old")

Sounds like a great day USL!

I know what you mean macsfive I would be staggering around the world if I made that many stops!!!! Sounds like true fun though :-)

Keep keeping us posted USL....look forward to hearing about MNSSHP!!

AJ