We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our TR so far..

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Our TR so far..

2012 trip report so far ( sorry it's long)

Flight really good, upgraded to premium, went with an open mind, and really enjoyed it, especially the getting off the plane first, through customs in a jiffy had a lovely customs guy. Picking up our alamo car 20 mins later.

We got no hard sell and he took our debit card no questions asked. We checked the paper work, and picked our 2 door imtermediate car up which was a brand new ford focus, nice!

We got to the Enclave without a hitch, then popped to Walmart for supplies, managed to pick up a bottle of the infamous strawberry Zinfandel!

Normally we head to Denny's for a quick bite to eat, but due to the earlier flight, quick customs we were well ahead of time so we went to our favourite place Tony Romas, we walked down - it was further than we remember!

Monday 1 st day

Back to walmart to have a look at the non food section as we have never done this part before, we bought a lovely thorw for our dogs sofa.

Then onto both premium outlets, mainly bought shoes....

Tea at Chillis. Which was fine, we had 2 huge margaritas.

Shopping again, this time Florida mall and Mall at milenia, bought a new cover for my iPad, but when we got back I realised it was the wrong one, doh!

Lunch/ early tea at Cheesecake Factory, really delish...as ever, we shared a key lime cheesecake and brought 2 others home.

Woke up To swollen face, allergic reaction to something ( hope it wasnt my cheescake ) went to Walgreens for antihistamines, the pharmacist was very unhelpful :( it calmed down during the day. Hubby said he felt he was with the elephant man... His sympathy blew me away!

Denny's for breakfast then onto the Central florida zoo, which was nice, it was similar to Gatorland, but obviously with animals, cost $13 each, it was really quiet and only took us a couple of hours at the most. We then drove onto Sanford marina which was really pretty.

On the way back we stopped at Mall at millennia to change iPad cover. Don't be put off by how busy it looks as both times I was served straight away.

That evening we went to the cinema at pointe Orlando and watched 7 physopaths it was very funny and there was only about 10 of us in the cinema!

Face swollen again, and sore :(

No idea what is causing it, think i should cut some things out, but thought sod it i am on holiday.

So off we went to harr p leu gardens in downtown Orlando, it was just under $8 for the gardens and the house tour, we were the only people there, until we left at around one, they felt like our own private gardens.

Really nice, not much to see at this time of year we did see a wood pecker and one of those beautiful red cardinal birds, so cute, But I bet the gardens are beutiful in April/may when the azaleas and camellias are out. Strangely enough is was really hot and still there, but when we got back to I drive it was windy. We decided to do yet more shopping at premium outlets, I got some sorell boots reduced by 70% which made them $30 total bargain!

A customry trip to outdoor world, then we went on to DTD, had a meal at trex we booked our table and she said it would be about 35 minutes, we had not even left the area and we where called about a minute later result! Also got a perfect table infront of the fish tank, and a lovely server. Food was ok.

On then to gihardellis...it was heaving, we had the hot fudge sundae in a waffle cup, it was delicious but we could not find the hot fudge so basically it was vanilla ice cream in a waffle cup! Then on to little miss matched, my favourite shop at DTD, I got some perfume which I had been after since last year...think it's for kids but I don't care! And bonus it was reduced by $10 I am not using it yet until the elephant man syndrome goes....

Friday, still woke up with a fat swollen face.... Spent some time looking on the internet for what could be causing it....(there is about 600 different causes) so gave up. We had a lazy start as we have 2 earlies coming up, did some washing and then headed off to celebration, had a lovely walk around all the lakes and a potter in the shops, bought a nice bauble with Stars and Stripes on.

Then we decided to drive along the 192, and head to Cracker Barrel, to look in the shop, I just bought some Christmas cards and had the obligatory sit in a rocking chair ( still REALLY need one). Then what did we see....the orange light was on a Krispie Kreme....we NEARLY broke out into a run ( along with a load of other folk) we are KK virgins but knew we wanted to try them, we bought a dozen! And boy we were not disappointed, I was worried they would be like dunkin donuts which we think are disgusting, but they where nice...we managed 3 each and brought the rest home. Quick trip around CVS bought some cortisone cream for face...as the antihistamines are not working :(

I apologise in advance if I put anyone off there lunch if they see me out and about!

Tonight is our favourite..Tomy Aromas!

Any one else findings Sandys warm wind strange?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our TR so far..

Sorry about the face :( I'll look out for a strange looking women while I'm out & about!!

It's too bloody hot for me, and my hair is ruined it's so windy!! lol

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our TR so far..

Great tr but have you tried the Strawberry Zinfandel yet? :-)

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our TR so far..

Great trip report so far how do u find the enclave is it clean

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our TR so far..

Lol USL, Shirl, not yet tonight could be the night!

Chris, everything is clean, just walls, skirting boards, windows and outside furniture worn from heavy traffic, Think travel lodge, rather than premier inn. Bedding and kitchen spotless. Hope this helps,

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,477 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our TR so far..

Excellent report,Loveof.

I'm wondering if you might be allergic to whatever your bed linens were washed in? Or maybe,since it's only bothering your face..perhaps the pillow? Some hotel pillows have latex inside. I was thinking that you might not have had the rash the 1st 2 days,because you slept on your back?

Maybe the front desk can tell you if your hotel has "hypoallergenic" pillows.

Just a thought. Best of luck with this.

Edited: 26 October 2012, 22:04
Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our TR so far..

Great TR. Nice to hear about someone doing different 'things'. I am looking forward to reading some more.

I really hope your face calms down soon. Could you have been bitten by something?

Edited: 26 October 2012, 22:10
Level Contributor
188 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our TR so far..

Sounds lovely, been back over a month now but still miss it, read these reports to capture the magic, hope your face soon better

Level Contributor
2,574 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our TR so far..

Agree with Moose (hiya Moose) my youngest had the same proplem and it was the pillows!!!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our TR so far..

Awwww thanks guys :))) you know I did wonder about the pillows ( and insect bites, increase in sodium, nut allergy and everything else) so I think I am going to not use the pillows tonight.

Fingers crossed!

Farmers market at winter park tomorrow.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,004 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our TR so far..

Glad you are having a great time in Orlando so far.