We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Sandy

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wiltshire
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hurricane Sandy

Will this hurricane affect flights from Gatwick to Orlando tomorrow?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane Sandy

Highly unlikely as the hurricane is affecting the North East USA, planes fly over the weather, or re-route to avoid it

thurso
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane Sandy

I notice a lot of people are suggesting that this little storm aint going to affect Florida..

Then on Sky News i read - Airlines have cancelled more than 7,600 flights, with British Airways, Virgin and American Airlines halting all departures to the United States.

So Whos right?

thurso
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricane Sandy

BA and Virgin Atlantic have cancelled all flights to and from New York, Washington and Boston, with Baltimore and Philadelphia flights also cut.

Passengers are being offered the opportunity to rebook or get a refund.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurricane Sandy

Think you just answered your own question ricksen24!

thurso
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurricane Sandy

Just updating Clubworldfan

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hurricane Sandy

People flying direct to Orlando need not worry, it wont affect flights to MCO or SFB, the prime area is the North East of USA, so if people are connecting then they will have problems.

All concerned passengers should contact their airline rather than asking on an open, anonymous chat forum ;-)

thurso
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hurricane Sandy

Thought the idea of an on-line message board was to discuss things, cant see the harm in talking about Hurricane Sandy myself.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,891 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hurricane Sandy

When you discuss it here people freak out and think it is affecting Florida and Orlando.

Level Contributor
132 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hurricane Sandy

VIR075 is just about to leave Mancester for MCO, its leaving on-time and the flight path has moved considerably to the east to miss the storm.

VIR027 is scheduled to leave Gatwick Tomorrow morning. Its not been affected, althought the current flightpath tracks down the east cost of the USA so I suspect this too will move to the east.

I've had a word with Mr Branson and told him that I've been waiting a long time for this holiday and he better make sure I get there on Wednesday :-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hurricane Sandy

sky news have reported cancelling flights to the usa, since all flights to florida go down the eastern seaboard ,i would imagine that would include them , so check with airline for confirmation,

Edited: 29 October 2012, 11:13