We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connection flights with little lay over time

england
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
connection flights with little lay over time

We are flying to Orlando from Heathrow via washington next summer and we are really concerned about the 1hr 18mins connection time. We dont normally go indirect so we assumed that if it was put together by United it would just work . Has anyone done this route.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,319 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: connection flights with little lay over time

Not done this route, but we do..... man-philly-orlando....

We usually have a 2hr stop over & have never had any issues....

That said, we know where we're going, how long the walk to the gates are etc.

With your schedule, it could all depend upon how long it takes to clear immigration, then how long it takes to get to the departure gate......

We usually have time to have a meal & a little look round, before going to the gate.....

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,078 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: connection flights with little lay over time

"With your schedule, it could all depend upon how long it takes to clear immigration, then how long it takes to get to the departure gate......"

And...if the LHR-Washington flight arrives on time.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,319 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: connection flights with little lay over time

"And...if the LHR-Washington flight arrives on time."

Very true......................

Fingers crossed time;-)

england
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: connection flights with little lay over time

Thank your feedback

england
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: connection flights with little lay over time

Thank you both for your feed back Someone did say that by the time we go in July the flight times may well have changed. Lets hope so giving us a bit more time :) Thanks again. x

South Staffs UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: connection flights with little lay over time

I also am doing this flight now you have me thinking! will we be allocated another flight if we can not make the connection or will immigration be quicker there than Orlando.

Sally ann

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
828 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: connection flights with little lay over time

United IS known for changing flight times. My sister received notice that her originating flight had changed. It was to arrive after her connecting flight was scheduled to depart so keep checking. They'll work with you but you do need to be proactive and keep in contact with them.

england
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: connection flights with little lay over time

Hi Sally Ann

I have asked United this and yes we would be put on the next flight if there is any free seats, but the next flight is not until 5ish that evening and if there isn't any seats on that plane then I believe you go on a stand by list. I must say I am quite concerned and wish the travel agent had informed us of these issues so we could of chosen a flight with a longer layover time.

When are you Travelling ?

Shirley

Edited: 30 October 2012, 16:31
england
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: connection flights with little lay over time

Oh dear did they manage to sort it for your sister ?

Edited: 30 October 2012, 16:32
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
828 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: connection flights with little lay over time

Yes, englandtiger. They were very good about it. Just keep checking so if they make a change that doesn't work for you you'll be able to get your flights or seats changed while there are still options.