We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

wigan
Level Contributor
514 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

Well we should have got to Bush Gardens today but we had packed so much into this holiday already that we just couldn't face it and needed a lazy day! Plus Im not one of these people that because I have paid for it I have to go just for that reason, if we all prefer something else.

So we decided on a day back at Blizzard Beach, we got there shortly after park opening and it was packed. The day was set to be a scorcher and it seemed everyone had the same idea as us, go catch some sun! There had been so many cold days lately.

We struggled finding any beds or chairs anywhere, we eventually managed to get hold of 2 beds and some chairs but split up. Wasn't too bad though.

DH took the kids on the lazy river whilst I chilled out for a bit, it felt he had been gone for ages! I had been drifting in and out of sleep for what seemed like for ever. This will turn out to be a huge mistake, more on that after! Later I took kids on slides and wave pool, was lovely cooling off in the wave pool it really was a hot one today!

We stayed at the park till closure and went home for tea. Afterwards we decided to go check out Disney Boardwalk, very pretty at night all lit up. I could get quite use to staying at the hotel there and walking about there each evening, so relaxed and lovely :)

From here it was back to Downtown Disney again as we promised DD she could spend $10 at WOD she headed straight for the earings! She has recently had her ears pierced and is at the stage now where she can change them :) She could spend forever in the jewellery section lol.

From here we headed over to Disney quest, it was getting late now 10pm and I was starting to feel strange! Well me and DD went our way whilst DH and DS did their thing.Mum and Dad headed to the bar on fourth floor.

I tried out the Aladdin carpet with DD but didn't like it. Tried a few other things when I was really feeling ill so headed to the bar to go sit down. Soon after I was dragging DS and DH out too as I needed to get home! I felt exhausted nauseas at this point and I knew I hadnt had enough fluids!! Idiot I am take note of this and dont be as stupid as me because...

Soon after getting home I was throwing up and spent the rest of the night doing that! I felt worse and worse :(

Soon it was morning and time for getting up to get ready for Seaworld and even though the sickness had stopped now i still felt lousy.

So what had been a lovely day ended quite badly for me, never will I put myself through that feeling again!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

That almost sounds more like a bug or motion sickness than dehydration. I have never vomited from laying in the sun, but maybe it is common I don't know. One trip we did to San Diego I drank cold water with ice from the ice machine and I was sick for several hours that night, then good as new. I never use ice machines at hotels now as they are bacteria traps. Anyway I hope you feel better tomorrow!

DisneyQuest has always been fun for us, when nobody is sick!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

Such a shame you ended up sick cheryl!!!! You are such a trooper for carrying on with the Seaworld plan..good one hun :-)

My DH & DD both got sun stroke (heat exhaustion) one time in Thailand and they both threw up for most of the night. It is not much fun and yes you feel real lousy for sure.

Glad you had a lovely time at BB what a shame it had to be spoiled by you getting sick. You guys have certainly packed a lot in on your holiday!!

Hope you are feeling better now :-)

AJ

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,564 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

You poor thing! It sounds like sunstroke to me!!! DH had it one year in Spain and was sick for ages. Hope you feel better soon.

newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

Sound like Heat Exhaustion.

The symptoms of heat exhaustion can develop rapidly. They include:

very hot skin that feels ‘flushed’

heavy sweating

dizziness

extreme tiredness (fatigue)

feeling sick (nausea)

being sick (vomiting)

a rapid heartbeat

mental confusion

urinating less often and much darker urine than usual.

Keep up with the fluids for a few days...Have a safe journey home.

Edited: 04 November 2012, 08:54
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
554 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

Yes sounds like sunstroke to me too. DD2 was the same last year. She is very pale skinned and normally stays in the shade and wears a hat but stayed in the sun too long.

She actually fainted on us. But loads of fluids and a cool shower helped her recover.

Hope you feel better soon.

wigan
Level Contributor
514 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

Thanks guys, yeah I knew it was substroke as I hadn't been drinking their tap water as it is awful lol only drank it when boiled for a cup of tea.

I'm feeling fine this morning just ashame we have to go home! Off out soon for a breakfast together.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

Enjoy your last little bit :-)

Safe travels cheryl!!

AJ

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

Thanks for the tip about drinking enough Cheryl - sorry you have been ill - we are a family who hardly drink so will make a conscious effort to drink regularly on this holiday :-)

Rowena

wigan
Level Contributor
514 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

Hi Rowena, that's my problem I can get by with only 3 drinks a day! I know it isn't a good thing but it seems to work for me in England, but then we don't get sun like they do in Florida!!

As long as you have some water on you and take regular sips throughout the day you will be fine :)

Saves you feeling as ill as me! Your time will soon be here! You will live it on Cumbrian Lakes its lovely.

10. Re: Day 12 Blizzard Beach again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2013, 10:17