We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report part 9

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report part 9

Thursday 25th October (day 12)

Set the alarm to be up for AK but the kids decided they wanted to go to HS (anyone would think the holiday was about them!). So we headed to pepper market which I had wanted to try for breakfast since the beginning of the holiday and it was awful. Worst meal we had all holiday. Everything we got was freezing and seemed like it had been there for hours. Not a success at all - should have stuck to our free breakfast in the lounge as at least kids ate there.

Anyway we decided to drive straight to HS and wo we headed in and were getting FP for TSM by 9.00am. We then did ToT twice and did RnR with child switch before heading to star tours and then TSM. We then did Indianna Jones which we'd never done before (all holdiay DS wanted to do the car show but it never worked out right time wise as only 2 shows now). anyway it was a pretty good show, we then got some chips while kids watched (or rather fed) a squirrel and then headed back to beach club.

While DH took kids to pool I walked to boardwalk to get some toys I'd seen the night before for them and discovered peanut butter icecream. If i'd found this at the start of the holiday we would have had many less snack credits left.

I then joined the rest of the family at the pool and although overcast was still warm. We did the slide a few times and then headed to the room while it rained for the first time all holiday. I did some packing then we headed to lounge to make the most of our last session there.

After a couple of rose's we headed to epcot and I had my last grand marnier slushie while DD had a snooze in the buggy. We did an agent P at germany and this one was great, it was shorter and the area was less crowded and it wasn't so hot. Also the mission itself was much more fun with more interactive features that were cool (won't say anything else but if you do an agent P try germany)

We then got the boat to future world and headed to garden grill. Didn't expect much from this but the food was great (once we had gotten over the fact the restaurant was revolving - may have taken longer due to the wine!). Really enjoyed this restaurant and nicest mash potatoes ever. It was also cool to see the living with the land ride from above.

DH and DS then did orange mission space and we watched the end of illuminations. (I again missed the norway ride so never did get to try it).

Headed into mousegear for a christmas decoration and then back to beach club to do online check in on my phone in the lobby (wifi was hit and miss in the room) Then back to lounge for desserts and a little hot chocolate drink (with a little grand marnier in!)

Headed to bed very depressed.

Friday 26th october

Home time!

DH took kids up to lounge for breakfast so i could finish packing without little eyes spotting the things i'd bought for santa.

I then joined them and we finished eating and said good bye to the lounge staff who had been great.

We then headed to walmart to look for a monster high doll we had gotten for my niece the previous week but they didn't have any in (she still managed to end up with one by sweet talking her cousin into swopping for something else!)

It was very windy today perhaps because sandy was off the coast of florida at this point.

We went straight to DTD and booked our bags in with virgin before heading to laser quest. We had never been here before but DS loved it and think its somewhere we will spend time in the future, well worth a trip.

We used our last table service credits on T rex (we'd had to cancel on the night DS was sick) and had a great meal, think it was our best there yet. The plan was then to get sandwiches using our last 5 QS credits from earl of sandwich for the plane but the queue was too long so they didn't get used which I was a bit gutted about. I did buy about 15 bars of chocolate from ghiradelli though to use up the last of our snack credits.

After that a quick trip to the florida mall - we always go here before the airport but got to say I don't know why as never impressed with it other than the M+M shop of course.

Before we knew it we'd dropped the car off and were waiting to board. I then got a text from my sister to say it was snowing at home. If I could have headed back to beach club I would have!

Flight home pretty good but as usual very little sleep, picked car up quickly and drive from manchester to newcastle much easier than journey down.

So that was it, holiday over.

All in all a fab time.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report part 9

Oh, so sad :( Hate reading the last TR of anyone's holiday. Thank you so much for taking the time to do your TR's. I have loved reading everyone. Hope you're settled back home but I have a feeling it will take awhile. Have you are new count down yet? ??

A x

Edited: 04 November 2012, 18:53
newcastle
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report part 9

Thanks Audrey, I still feel so sad. At the moment I've put in a rough date of may 2014 which is 550 days away but seems such a long time. Not that I want to wish my life away as kids get bigger when i do that.

I know your countdown is for next summer which is a bit shorter, so hope you are enjoying your planning.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
868 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report part 9

Aloha JB,

Mahalo for your great reports. Don't be sad 2014 will be here before you know it. Aloha

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report part 9

Thank you LihueGirl. You know I love it when you say Aloha!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
868 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report part 9

I know you do, Come to Hawaii you will here it allot. You know Disney has a resort now on the Island of Oahu, it is suppose to be fab. Aloha

Edited: 04 November 2012, 19:41
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
399 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report part 9

ohhhhhhh disney and hawaii combined....id never want to leave!!

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report part 9

Sounds perfect doesn't it holidaybunny.

Level Contributor
1,047 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report part 9

Thanks so much for sharing your holiday with us, Ioved reading your TRs! I actually felt your sadness in this last one but when you read them back you will smile for sure - such amazing memories :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report part 9

I'm with carberry I too hate reading people's last tr's :'(

I know it's sad that it's over but you guys sounded like you had an amazing holiday and I guess this means you can start planning for 2014....like I am!!!! hehe

Take care jobelly...until next time,

AJ xx

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report part 9

205 days for us. I know about wishing your life away but what can we do. Life moves on whether we wish it or not. Planning my little head off again. Different holiday this time with us staying in a townhouse and only doing Disney and Universal. Can't wait. Hope you cheer up soon xx

A x