We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from Sandford Airport

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers from Sandford Airport

Is it best to hire a car for £300 or get a transfer from the airport and rely on transport to the parks.I intend to be staying at the Quality Inn on international Drive.

Johnstone
Level Contributor
562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers from Sandford Airport

You can have a great time time on Idrive without a car & a lot of hotels have transport to the parks depends on each hotel . I know a lot of people who go to Orlando and never hire a car , personally i prefer hiring a car for coming & going to the parks as the transport from the hotels takes a long time although each to their own :0)

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers from Sandford Airport

I always hire a car but that is my preference. I love driving over there and we go to many places other than the parks, places you would struggle to get to, using public transport.

It really is up to you and what you want to do while you are there and how easy you want to make your holiday.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
179 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers from Sandford Airport

International drive is blessed with great public transportation and is very pedestrian friendly.

You can use the trolley http://internationaldrivetrolley.com/ and the lynx buses http://www.golynx.com/ to get around.

It will run you about £120 for return transfers according to www.orlandosanfordtaxi.com/sanford-taxi.shtml

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
761 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers from Sandford Airport

I have moved from a no car to a yes car position. Part of the reason for this is to save time

When I added up all the bus stop waiting and longer travel time on public transport, I realised there are much better things to occupy us.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,441 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers from Sandford Airport

Although I live here and the question doesn't apply to me, I would say that a car would give you so much more mobility beyond the tourist area. You could really explore way beyond the parks. However, you must factor in the hotel parking charges which will run $15-$20/day.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
761 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers from Sandford Airport

Hotel parking charges? I assumed it would be free.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,888 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers from Sandford Airport

Don't think there's charges at the Quality Inn

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,484 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers from Sandford Airport

It depends where you are staying Mc, check with your hotel on parking fees

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers from Sandford Airport

We used to never hire a car.. Always stayed on i drive. One year we decided we would hire a car and have never looked back. It is so much more easier having one..

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
761 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfers from Sandford Airport

Thanks Susie, have checked and parking is free at my hotel. I just assumed all hotels would offer free parking.