We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from mco to vista cay?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle from mco to vista cay?

I am wondering if there is a shuttle bus from MCO airport to Vista Cay?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle from mco to vista cay?

Nothing formal like something organized by the community if that is what you are asking. You can, of course, hire a shuttle such as shared ride vans from Mears or Super Shuttle on a per person basis. You could get a cab - probably about $35-$45 one way. Public bus really doesn't service Vista Cay well. The stop out front is a connector www.golynx.com/plan-trip/route-details.stml…

111 bus from the airport does go to Destination Parkway stop. That's technically walkable to Vista Cay, though not a walk I'd want to make with luggage, children, or most times of year due to the weather.

It's a very conveniently located community for getting around and being close to the attractions, but one which you really need a car.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle from mco to vista cay?

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. We will be renting a car, but I arrive earlier than my husband who is attending a conference there and the car will be billed to his work credit card so I don't think I can collect it without him. Ah we'll, we'll work something out!

Edited: 05 November 2012, 13:45
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle from mco to vista cay?

A one way shared shuttle for one person would be around $20 so that's less than the cab fare and probably your best option if it is just you. Worth mentioning...Vista Cay is a residential community approved for short term rental, not a hotel. Depending on who you've rented through, you'll want to verify your check in procedure to ensure you can go directly to the unit or community (and not an offsite check in location). Also, most rental companies are strict about check in time (probably 4pm). If you thought you would be able to get in early, I wouldn't count on it unless you've prearranged something. Depending on your arrival times, and how far apart your flights are, I wonder if waiting for him at the airport is the easiest thing to do.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle from mco to vista cay?

Thank you for all this info! We rented privately and already have our entry codes, so think we're ok to arrive directly at the unit after check in time, but I know that some of the management companies are off site so appreciate the warning. I am leaning toward just waiting at the airport it might be simplest all round depending on the flight he books (which depends on meetings etc).

5. Re: Shuttle from mco to vista cay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2013, 10:17