We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
875 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

Hi

planning to go for 15 days first couple weeks April.

4 of us (kids 8/11)

We will be renting a villa with a pool and a car.

I haven't yet finalised the villa as just trying to decide which is the best location to allow us to come back and forth during the day to cool off, relax and then head back.

So if we will have the the 14 day Disney Tix and Universal ones could someone help me put together a 14 day itinerary (with 1 day to visit friends in another city) to maximise enjoyment?

I do want to add in Sealife but not really fussed about the water parks or discovery cove etc.

Thanks

england
Level Contributor
875 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

Flights Booked: 2nd Apr-16th Apr :-)

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

For a trip that long have you thought about splitting it? A week in one place and a week in another. We just got back from a 15 day trip and stayed in two different condos in two different cities. We had a great time and got to see two different worlds!!!!

uk
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

Ah, what fun! 2 weeks will be perfect and the kids are just at the right ages to really go for it.

Here's what I'd do. May not work for you guys, but I don't know whether you're into rollarcoasters or shopping. I'm adding in the waterparks as they're included in your tickets and are nice down days.

Day 1 Arrive, eat sleep

Day 2 you'll wake up early due to the jet lag - I'd head to magic kingdom nice and early to get lots of the classics under your belt quickly. pop to a supermarket in the eve and have an early night.

Day 3 Hollywood studios

Day 4 rest day/ Typhoon lagoon

Day 5 Animal Kingdom and explore somewhere like downtown disney in the evening

Day 6 EPCOT

Day 7 Visit Family

Day 8 Rest day/ shopping/exploring/mini golf/old town/downtown disney (will prob need a rest after driving to another city and possible late night)

Day 9 Islands of Adventure (a couple of days away from parks so you should be raring to go again)

Day 10 Universal Studios

Day 11 Lie in and return to whichever park you don't feel you've done

Day 12 Seaworld

Day 13 Everglade airboat ride, or maybe a trip to the coast, or busch gardens

Day 14 Mopping up day - getting any shopping you need, seeing the fireworks you always seemed to miss, trying out blizzard beach for a couple of hours, having one last go on duelling dragons etc etc

Day 15 home :-(

uk
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

Sorry, only just looked at your dates, it was 14 days, not 15. You'll have to cut one day somewhere. Maybe do EPCOT over the course of a couple of evenings on rest days instead of spending a day there?

england
Level Contributor
875 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

Thanks so much.

It was supposed to be 15 but return flight for day 15 was not working out when I was booking, sadly.

Sounds like a great plan. Wife will need some convincing about Typhoon lagoon and kids are not Coaster Freaks so might cut out Busch Gardens so that will give is a little more wiggle room too.

I understand friends are a 1 hour drive away so even that not too heavy.

Is 1 day enough for Magic Kingdom??

I have been to conference to West Coast and took wife so Airboat ride has been sorted but I guess seeing Gators will entertain kids.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

We normally have 2 days at MK. Park opening to around 4pm (after afternoon parade) to do most of the rides, then around 4pm to park close, to finish rides and watch the evening parade and fireworks.

Water parks are great at Disney and can be used for rest days, as you can laze or do slides depending on how tired everyone is.

Although I like the plan above, I would check the park hours and extra magic hours (EMH) at Disney and fiddle with your plan to miss EMH, if you are staying in a villa.

uk
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

You probably will want a couple of days at MK, but maybe the second one could be a half day? Or day 11. You may find when you get there you don't need all the rest days, or they simply consist of starting a couple of hours later that morning. At least if they're written in you don't feel like you've lost a day when you get to day 6 and the kids implode with tiredness.

I'm sure your wife won't need much convincing for the water parks. Lying on a lounger reading, or floating around the lazy river in a rubber ring, or walking down into the "submarine" to look at the fish provide things for people who aren't overly keen on getting wet.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,897 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

Busch Gardens has plenty to do without riding coasters. They have tons of water rides to get wet on, shows and other things. We don't do coasters either and still spend a full day at this park. I would combine it with and overnight at a beach such at St. Pete Beach of Clearwater.

The Everglades are not really a day trip from Orlando. If you don't do Busch Gardens you could trravel on down to Naples area. Maybe stay an overnight on Marco Island or somewhere in that area and explore the glades. You can take local airboat tours near Orlando such as Boggy Creek and others. Its not the same as the Everglades but you would still see gators and other wildlife.

Look at mapquest.com or google maps to see a layout of Florida, routes and drive times to various areas you may want to visit. If you decide you don't want to travel that far but do want a little beach time Cocoa Beach is only about 45 minutes away.

england
Level Contributor
875 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

Thank you all so much for the help (so far ;-)

I am encouraging the kids to get as involved in the planning as they can so have armed them with brochures and told them to coem back with "what they really HAVE to do" (apart from Discovery Cove) and will then plan around the fantastic-looking itinerary Indri45 has provided.

Point taken about Water Park as rest day :-)

uk
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please Help me Plan a 2 week Itinerary

Aw, the kids will love that. They will have the maps memorised and ride/show order sorted before you're even on the plane!