We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

Has anyone used them before? Do you recommend them? Are cars at the ariport or off site

thanks

151 replies to this topic
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

Have never used them, but they are located at the airport.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

We always use them now. Cars are onsite. Join their Preferred Members club and skip the lines, go straight to the garage and your name and allocated car will be on the board, go straight to your car and off you go.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,027 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

Avis is fine though it tends to be more expensive than Alamo or Budget which we use a lot. But they also have very nice cars. Join the loyalty program,sometimes you get a free upgrade and it saves standing in line at the airport

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

Avis & Hertz will usually have the nicest cars. You can get discounts by checking coupon codes at sites like rentalcodes.com .

All the major car rental companies are located on property with cars in the garage at the Orlando Airport.

Northeast US
Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

I used them back in August.

As others have mentioned the service desk is indeed located on the airport grounds and the vehicles themselves are in the garage just outside.

I received a very good deal on Hotwire.

I have a couple criticisms:

At first I thought the service desk lady was just very nice but it soon became clear she was simply patronizing me to attempt to sell me every conceivable upgrade and option.

For a while I thought I was back in Saigon...

After about five extended spiels touting a wonderful opportunity today only to upgrade to a convertible and a once in a lifetime chance to get special GPS I became quite sick of her false congeniality.

A word of warning: one of the dozen rip-off options was a "convenient" way to electronically pay tolls. For an obscene fee of course.

The electronic toll switch was supposed to be in the "off" position and it wasn't.

Check that switch or be prepared to get raped.

My parting advice: be prepared to say "no" repeatedly at the service desk or you won't have anything left for Mickey and Minnie.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

Join their Preffered Members Club and you won't have to say no to anything as you don't speak to anyone just get straight in the car. It was very easy to see if our toll switch was on or off, it was right in the middle of the windscreen with clear indication red for off & green for on. No matter who you rent from you should always check whether the toll switch is on or off before driving off.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,990 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

Toll switch???

Do all rental cars have them then?

Didn't know about this and have rented cars for years!!

Or dies it only matter if you use the Sunpass lanes

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

"My parting advice: be prepared to say "no" repeatedly at the service desk or you won't have anything left for Mickey and Minnie."

And, if that fails to work, say "May I please speak with your supervisor?".

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

Avis has them susie, haven't used any other company for ages so don't know about the others.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,990 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Avis car rental at Orlando international airport

Thanks USL

Phew thought there was something I didn't know for a minute lol

Will be using Sunpass with Alamo in Feb for 1st time - quite excited (I'm easily pleased)

Reply to: Avis car rental at Orlando international airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted